- 16 -

Walking into Chris' apartment with MJ on my hip I looked at the mess he created yet again

Walking into Chris' apartment with MJ on my hip I looked at the mess he created yet again. I sighed in frustration as I just cleaned up after him from the last time and I was going to have to do so yet again. I stepped over the shattered glass as I made my way to the living room. I didn't know how I was going to clean this up and look after MJ but I'd find a way. That's what I took on being a mother. Multitasking came as a breeze nowadays.

The further I go into the house I noticed how much of a wreck the house was. Everything was out of order and messy. I couldn't stand the sight. The mixture of moans and snores filled my ear. It was a weird combination that I couldn't fathom. The closer I got the louder the noises became. I noticed Mijo knocked out on the couch which explained the snores. I looked over in the direction of Chris' room where the moans were coming from.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," I mumble to myself. I didn't sign up for this shit. I knew Chris was a hot mess these days. We had to keep eyes on him at all times. It was better we looked over him since we were his family. It was becoming too much at times but he was like my brother and I would do anything to help him out. I just regretted the fact that I didn't drop MJ off at Momma J's house especially since she offered to watch him. I would be able to move a lot faster with MJ out of my way. It was too late now.

I snatch the pillow from under Mijo's head and slam it down on his face. "Mijo, get the fuck up!" He pops up on the couch instantly in a daze. He looked like he was about to reach for his strap but he stops once he saw MJ and me.

"What the fuck, Mel! You can't be doing shit like that!" He spat at me as he stood up. I pushed MJ up on my hip as I look at him in annoyance.

"Who the hell is here with him?" I say looking at Chris' bedroom door in disgust. The moans were growing louder making me extremely uncomfortable.

"Diamond." I rolled my eyes in aggravation. I didn't like Diamond one bit. She only used Chris for his money and sex in my opinion. We never got along anytime we were around each other. Chris wasn't supposed to have anyone around in his current state of mind. On top of that, I didn't like her around MJ. Of course, he was hard-headed and didn't listen. That was Chris for you.