- 6 -

Today was the grand opening of my nightclub Prophets

Today was the grand opening of my nightclub Prophets. Leaning onto the railing on the upper level I admired the layout of the club as I sipped on my Jack Daniels on the rocks slowly. I put so much hard work and money into this club so it was a proud moment for me. Ni**as In Paris blasted throughout the club as I bobbed my head to the beat. A nigga was feeling like he was on top of the world. Money was flipped into something legit which was so satisfying. There weren't many dudes out there trying to clean up their act after hustling in these streets. I wasn't hanging the towel up but I was trying to make name for myself.

Never once did I think I would be in the industry of distributing narcotics. Growing up I always dreamed of being a basketball player or maybe even a lawyer but my childhood held me back. Unfortunately, I wasn't presented with much opportunities as some with a silver spoon in their mouth but that didn't hold me back. I managed to get my bachelor's degree in business. Yeah, I know, you probably thinking why I didn't take the legal route. I applied my business degree to become one of the best pushers in Boston. It was only up from here for me.

I grew up with my mother being on drugs so it was pretty hypocritical for me to do this. She was still on drugs, we didn't really have a close relationship. There was always this guilt that one of my dealers would sell my mother her last hit or shot. For the sake of my sanity, I made sure none of my people sold her anything. If I ever found out they did I would make sure they fell off the face of this planet. It was going to be up to her if she decided to still go out there fiending. No matter how bad our relationship was due to her addiction, I was always there to save her when she needed me to.

The lifestyle was fast which kept my adrenaline pumping. I lived for the thrill of things. I was a pretty laid back chill guy for the most part but I needed to be busy at all times. It was a distraction from things that I still clung on from my past. As long as I kept myself occupied I could run away from the thoughts I had to face when I went home at night.

"And to think this is only the beginning." Bas grabbed my shoulder. "Look at this empire we started. The foundation." It was surreal but I was starting to take it all in. It truly was a blessing that was for sure.