- 7 -

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been working at Prophets and surprisingly I enjoyed it

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been working at Prophets and surprisingly I enjoyed it. It was a nice change of scenery and the crowd wasn't too bad. I would say the most annoying thing that I've had to deal with was drunk men hitting on me. I'll take that over dealing with Dre any day. I was really starting to get the hang of things and the money was good so far.

The lights turned on in the club. "Prophets will be closing in another 30 minutes." The DJ alerted everyone. That was my cue to wrap up. I headed to all my assigned tables and grabbed my money from each one. On my way to the back, I said bye to some of my regulars. Once I reached the locker room I noticed all the girls in the back counting their profits for the day.

"Tonight was a great night guys. I think I've made the most money I've ever made since working here." Bunny said counting her money.

"I make good money every night so I wouldn't even be able to tell." Diamond said as she counted her money as well. Bunny gave her a side eye but Diamond didn't even notice as she continued to count up her money. We were all used to Diamond being confident as fuck. We began to understand that was just her nature. She didn't mean anything by it.

"You one shady ass bitch, you know that right?" Olivia said.

"You're just learning this about me? We've been working together for almost a month sis." We all started to laugh. We all kind of bonded really well. I wouldn't consider them my friends but they were all so fun to work with. They made work so much easier.

"Lola, we're going to go get some food. You want to join us?" Olivia asked.

"My daughter isn't feeling too good so I actually have to get going." I quickly made up a lie. "Thank you for the offer though." I'm sure they were annoyed with me always making up excuses at this point.

"Aww, I hope she feels better," Olivia said sweetly. "But I have a feeling you're just avoiding us. You haven't taken up any of our offers yet." I felt bad, I really did but they wouldn't even able to understand my situation. Even if I wanted to explain it to them I couldn't risk letting them know. Krystal and my life were at stake. That was a chance I wasn't willing to take. So if I needed to continue to lie, I was going to do so.