Chapter 29: Planning

Jungkook stared at his phone screen for a few more seconds before he randomly tossed it to his passenger seat and leaned back, closing his eyes.

What was he even doing? Just a week ago he was in a state where everything was in his control; and while he still held control on most aspects of his life, there was one big thing that had changed, and that was his slip on Hoseok. Before he figured that as long as he kept everyone away for a while he would use that time to muster the courage to confess when he graduated. Maybe even attend the same college. His plan had gone astray as soon as that new student transferred to his school and took away his most valuable asset: time.

Jungkook looked at the clock on his dashboard. Recalling how he spent most of the time last night trying to fall asleep but not succeeding. His brain just replaying his actions all night long like some old cinema tape and everything was working to keep him awake.

It was still early so he planned to go back home and get some sleep and plan his day later. He felt tired and some hours of sleep would do him good.

_________________________________________________________

Hoseok smiled as he read the text message Taehyung had just sent him. It was a picture of Taehyung feeding Tata and Mang in his room with the caption 'they told me that they wish you were here'.

He saved the picture and rolled over on the sofa, typing out his reply.

Hobi: they told you that? guess my babies are starting to learn a lot :D

Instantly he got a reply back.

Tae: ok I lied. I can't speak bird, I wish you were here.

It was hard for Hoseok to not get up that instant and head over but he really didn't want to leave Jimin alone, and he knew if he told Jimin where he was going, there was almost no denying he would want to tag along.

Hobi: give them all the love and kisses for me please~ (^ ♡^)

Hoseok looked at the picture that Tae had just sent him with complete fondness and wondered if he could be any happier at this moment in time. He decided his parents would like to come home to a clean house so began to tidy up.

_________________________________________________________

Jungkook arrived home after a few minutes drive and kicked off his shoes.

He stared at his bed for a moment, sighing at how welcoming it looked and plopped himself on top  of the bedsheets. It had been a long week and for the first time in a while he dreaded the thought of going back to school tomorrow. He didn't want to go to school and fake his smile to all his "friends" and he especially didn't want to see Hoseok wrapped around the arms of Kim Taehyung. He covered face with his pillow and groaned, his life had gone from easy mode to hard mode in less than a week and he felt the coming days would be the most critical if he wanted to salvage any chance he had to win Hoseok over.

He looked at his new phone and started to doubt his plans. He looked at the only text message he had typed out, a blue bubble with his own text message to Hoseok:

Hoseok, it's me Jungkook.

I got a new phone number, I kind of have something I want to confess to you. Meet me at the park near the library at around 6?

He exhaled as he read the message again and again. His mind coming up with thousands of possible scenarios and at this point he figured it was impossible to sleep. He was going to confess and deal with any of the backlash after. It was now or never. Jungkook looked at the clock on his bedside table - 4:00pm