Chapter 27: Sleepover, Part 2

"What's going on?" Jimin stared at the two boys currently standing at the doorway. The strong winds from outside not once relenting from hitting every inch of the house and seeping into the warm living room.

Hoseok shifted on his heels, Jimin never really spoke in this sort of tone, too serious for his normally happy and energetic personality. "Um, the power went out at Taehyung's house so I went to get him", his voice faltering a bit, as if needing some sort of reassurance that what he had just done wasn't the stupidest thing anyone could have done.

"Don't worry Jimin, I already lectured him about how dangerous that was and how he should never do it again, right?" Taehyung spoke up, walking a bit further into the house where it was more illuminated.

"Yeah..."

Jimin eyed the two for a few more seconds, and came to the conclusion that it was just who Hoseok was, always worrying about everyone before himself, he wasn't surprised too much, it was just his brother's overly kind nature. "Fine, I'll go finish grabbing the rest of the blankets from the closet, come with me kook", Jimin signaled, obvious to Jungkook he wanted to talk about something.

Hoseok walked forward, intent on scattering the blankets and pillows around so they could sleep in the living room tonight, he stopped when he felt a small tug on his wrist.

Taehyung leaned in close, watching how pretty Hoseok's face looked in the soft candlelight, "while I did ask you to never do that again, I decided to leave out the part where I also thanked you for thinking about me and not leaving me alone...I also decided to leave out the part where I kissed you", he leaned in kissing the same spot on Hoseok's forehead he had kissed earlier, but this time his lips lingered a bit longer, "thanks again".

Hoseok looked into Taehyung's eyes, catching the sincerity and honesty in them, he was serious and it drew him in like a magnet, he fought the urge to lean in himself and capture Taehyung's lips with his own right now because at any moment Jimin and Jungkook could walk back in. But he really wanted to.

"I would do it again", Hoseok sighed, his voice coming out soft in the quiet living room space.

"Really? Again? well it would be my pleasure", Taehyung smiled devilishly as he placed another kiss on Hoseok's forehead, this time closer to his temple.

Hoseok giggled, swiftly moving away from Taehyung's grasp on him, "silly, I meant I would go out in that storm for you again, if it meant you were safe, no one should be alone in a storm like that anyway, plus this way I feel comfortable too", his eyes twinkling more than usual, Taehyung easily caught the pillow Hoseok had thrown his way. "Now come help me put these blankets and pillows down, we're all sleeping here tonight".

_____________________________________

"and how come he had to go get him by himself? he could have asked me to do it", Jimin huffed, arms crossed. "Hobi is never this irresponsible".

Jungkook eyed the shorter boy, obviously irritated himself, but for completely different reasons than Jimin. Jimin's anger was coming from a protective brother trying to reason why Hoseok who was always so responsible would willingly risk himself out in that storm while Jungkook's was more from just outright jealousy. They were grabbing the remainder of the extra pillows and blankets that Mrs. Park used in case they had any guests over, Jimin using the light from his phone to illuminate the closet.

"Well I don't think Hoseok is the type of person that would send you out to do something dangerous like that, you should just be glad he's safe...what are you so mad about anyway?" 'It's not like the guy that's stealing your crush is currently alone with said crush in the living room' Jungkook's mind finished that train of thought.