Chapter 5: You're My Neighbor?! Part 1

Hoseok walked the empty hallway, his destination a quick trip to the student council room to pick up a few documents he could get done at home. His head full with thoughts of Kim Taehyung and the time they had just shared.

He thought about how this new guy was such a mystery, he didn't know if tomorrow he would avoid him like he did earlier that day or go up to him and talk to him like friends would. Would he be pushed away or accepted? All these thoughts swam around in his mind and soon he had gotten the documents he needed and also decided to stop by the library to check out a book.

He loved reading and had gotten a few recommendations from an online book community to check out 'The Magic Shop' so he did.

Remembering that his brother's practice was almost over he made his way outside and hopefully would have a chance to catch a glimpse of them playing a game. He bundled his cardigan around his body as the chilly air hit him.

"Hobi bro!", Jimin seemed to catch sight of him first as he rushed over, large gym bag by his side and was sporting a fresh set of clothes, he must have just finished up practice and had showered already.

"You're done already? How was practice?", Hoseok inquired. He really wish he had seen them practice, he didn't mean to brag but Jimin was really good at football and he felt super proud. Jungkook saw them and made his way over.

"Yep! practice would have been better if you had stayed and watched, right Jungkook?" Jimin asked as he looked at his friend.

"It's whatever, doesn't matter", Jungkook stated in a very aloof manner as if the comment had just brushed off him.

Jimin narrowed his eyebrows at this comment, "what are you saying now? you were the one complaining the whole time about Hobi-bro not staying to watch us and how the new guy got on your nerve-ouch!", Jimin was caught off by jungkook swiftly stepping on his foot.

"Shut it Jimin", Jungkook looked shocked for a moment as he made eye contact with Hoseok but quickly looked away before returning to his cool eyed self. "I was not complaining, I was just a bit disappointed you couldn't watch how better I've gotten".

Hoseok smiled sweetly, "Sorry, I had student council responsibilities, I promise next time I'll be the first one to watch you both, and you can show me how better you have gotten Jungkook".

Jimin leapt up and hugged his brother with a strong bear hug, "thank you bro! I feel like I'll play better knowing you're watching", Jimin pulled away and looked his brother in the eye, "you're coming with us right? Jungkook is driving me home".

"Thank you but I don't want to be a bother, I'll just walk hom-", he stopped talking as Jungkook pulled his backpack, perfectly sliding it out of his shoulder and pulled it over his back, "I'm not taking no, you're coming with us".

Hoseok nodded and smiled up at the boy, "thank you".

They walked to Jungkook's car and got in, Jimin and Jungkook sat in the front while Hoseok sat in the back. He was grateful Jungkook insisted in driving him home so he didn't have to walk in the chilly air, it was already starting to get dark because it was fall and the last thing he needed was to walk home in the dark. Jungkook started the car and drove off the school premises.

Jimin looked back at his brother and started asking like the curious boy Jimin was, "Hobi-bro, who was that guy you were with during practice?"

"He's a new student in my class, I had to show him around, Jungkook also met him this morning".

Jimin looked at his friend, "oh yeah, i forgot you two have the same homeroom, i'm so jealous, I wish I was there too!". Hoseok also wished his brother was in the same class as him.