Chapter 8: Class Project, Part 2

"Hamlet? I've never heard of it, and Mr.Kim can we trade partners please?!" a girl a couple chairs in front spoke quite loudly and glared at Hoseok as she spoke. 

Now that he thought about it, most of the girls in the classroom were sending deadly looks his way and made him feel a shiver run down his spine. He certainly wasn't used to being the center of attention but I guess that's what happens when you get paired up with what looked to be the two most popular boys in school. He really had to reevaluate if Mr.Kim actually had some kind of vendetta against him to put him in this situation. 

"No, I feel that the groups I formed are all well balanced and I expect only great things from all of you". Mr.Kim seemed firm on his stance of not changing partners and caused groans and sighs to fill the room.

"I will give you the rest of the class period to start planning this project, you can of course work on this outside of class but remember this is a GROUP project and I hope all of you participate because this counts for a big portion of your grade. Now split up and sit next to your partner and get started on this, the project is due next week. I'm going to go make copies and I'll pass the books out in a bit". 

Mr. Kim left the room and everyone starts getting up and moving seats. He was about to get up when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Looking back he saw it was Taehyung. "Stay there, I'll move my desk next to yours", and with that Taehyung carried his desk and moved it right in front of his own. Taehyung was now seated right in front of him and he really didn't know where to look. He really was still feeling anxious about what had happened that morning, maybe Taehyung would notice and that frightened him. 

Feeling he was being stared at Hoseok decided to say something, "U-um should we call Jungkook over?"

"Who?" Taehyung asked and Hoseok didn't know if the question was for real, everyone in this school knew who Jeon Jungkook was.

Hoseok's expression must have given him away because Taehyung elaborated further "I've heard the name before but I'm not really good at remembering names".

"So you don't know mine either?" Hoseok said in a teasing manner with a hint of a giggle in his voice.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the cute manner the other had lightened the atmosphere, "of course I know your name Hoseok, I even remember that nickname of yours, Hobi, it's cute it suits you".

Hoseok smiled, the thought that this boy had remembered his name made him happy, kind of giddy actually. There weren't many students in this school that knew his name but didn't know Jungkook's, it made him feel a bit special, even if it wouldn't be considered such a big deal to anyone else. 

At that moment Jungkook made his way over with two girls trailing right behind him, one of them being the loud girl from earlier. "Jungkook~! Come on, let's talk to Mr. Kim~ maybe if you ask he can let you join our group". The girl grabbed Jungkook by the shirt, leaning into him and whispered in his ear but was still audible to the other two boys sitting close by "my parents are almost never home, we'll make it worth your while". Hoseok looked away in embarrassment by what he had just heard, it wasn't meant for his ears and Taehyung just looked at the scene playing in front of him, not really seeming to care.

Jungkook looked over at Hoseok before moving away from the girl that was a bit too close, as she practically had her chest pressed against his arm. " I really doubt Mr.Kim will move me to your group even if I ask, I'll just stay here".

The girl looked mad and pushed further, "c'mon Jungkook! Didn't you say you didn't want to be paired up with him?", the girl pointed her finger right at Hoseok, "but now you change your mind so quickly?". 

Everyone was now staring at the scene playing out in front of them.

"What is going on?" Mr. Kim walked in with a bunch of papers in his arms. Hoseok never felt happier seeing his teacher. "Get to work, I leave for five minutes and you all decide to slack off huh? Maybe I should add more to the project?".

Everyone groaned and the two girls that were making the scene decided to give up for now and walked away, obviously mad they hadn't gotten what they wanted. 

"That's more like it, now get to work, I'm going to give each of you a copy of the scenes you can pick from and for your respective books". Mr. Kim walked around the room and handed everyone the copies. "Ok, now get to planning, you have about ten minutes".

Jungkook was still standing in his spot in front of the pair and cleared his throat, before grabbing an empty desk and pushing it next to Hoseok's desk. 

There was an awkward tension in the air, and Hoseok finally decided to break it after sitting in silence for long enough. 

"Uh Taehyung this is Jungkook", Hoseok said as he had remembered that Taehyung didn't know who Jungkook was.

"I kind of figured it out, all thanks to his two girlfriends, thanks Hoseok".

Jungkook looked up and glared, "they're not my girlfriends, I don't have a girlfriend". 

"Um guys, I think we should get started on the project". Hoseok felt small when talking to these two guys. "Have either of you read Romeo and Juliet?"

Taehyung and Jungkook both shook their heads and that made Hoseok the only one to have read the play before. Hoseok smiled at the pair and looked up at the clock, it was almost time for class to end. "The project is due next Tuesday, let's meet up on Saturday at my house and we can work on it then but in the meantime please read the play". 

"Sure thing, but on one condition" Taehyung added. 

'Uh oh' Hoseok thought as he saw the slight smirk on the handsome face right in front of him. 'What could it be?' 

.

..

"What is the condition?".

Taehyung pulled out his phone from his pocket and handed it to Hoseok. "Add your number in".

Well that was a simple request, Hoseok thought and felt relief, he didn't know Kim Taehyung well enough to know what he would say and smiled at the request.

"Why do you need his number?" Jungkook asked in a tone that carried a hint of hostility. 

Hoseok took the phone from Taehyung's hand and started putting his number in, before looking up at Jungkook, "I'm pretty sure it's in case he has any questions about the play, right?" Hoseok asked as he looked from Jungkook to Taehyung.

"..Right..", Taehyung said with a smile that made Hoseok smile back and Jungkook didn't look very pleased. 

_________________________________________________

Author Note: Thanks for reading (: I have had a tougher time in being able to update this regularly because of school and work but updates will keep coming. And again thank you for the kind comments~