Chapter 19: Ride

Hoseok clutched the note to his chest and read the message over and over again. The words were like a sweet medley in his mind and while he wasn't entirely sure how he felt about all of this yet, he knew one thing for sure, and that was that Kim Taehyung was special to him. Just this note alone had him with the biggest smile on his face and the feeling of being in the clouds.

Placing the note away in the small drawer next to his bed Hoseok grabbed all the food and drinks that were still in his room and made his way downstairs and placed them in the refrigerator. Tomorrow was another school day and he figured he could take the pastries to eat tomorrow along with some sandwiches. He quickly made three sets and walked back upstairs. The room felt cold after his shower so he snuggled into his warm bed sheets and glanced at his phone. He never checked his phone before going to bed but this time he did. Hoseok wanted to text Taehyung a quick message before bed.

-Hobi: the note you left for me was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :) I wanted to say thanks tomorrow but I couldn't wait ^^ have a goodnight!

Hoseok buried his face in his pillow as he had spent the last ten minutes trying to find the right words to write. It had been a long day that didn't start out that well but got drastically better as the day went on. His face lit up when he heard the text tone from his phone and saw that Taehyung had replied to him.

-Tae: I could have written you a novel but I don't think it would fit on that tiny card, maybe next time?

Hobi giggled. A novel? really? He smiled brightly as he started texting back.

-Hobi: ohhh you are going to write a novel? about what? I want to read it please :D

Sending the text, Hoseok saw that Taehyung was already writing back a reply.

-Tae: tsk tsk you'll have to wait ;) goodnight sunshine

Taehyung sighed as he sent the text and imagined Hoseok laying in his bed all curled up just across his bedroom window. How he wished he could jump the small space and embrace Hoseok but he settled for being able to text him. It came as a surprise to him when Hoseok was the one that texted him first. 

He placed the book away and looked out his window, the small light in Hobi's bedroom turned off and he figured he was getting ready to sleep. Taehyung went back to his own bed and laid on top along with various other clothes, books and papers. He wanted to ask Hoseok out properly and he had to make sure to be very direct, or else the message might fly over Hoseok's head. That was the last thought that hovered through his mind before he drifted off to sleep.

———————————
"Jungkook is here!" Jimin screamed from the living room.

Hoseok grabbed the lunches from the counter and hurried after Jimin who was already halfway out the door.

Jungkook had stepped out of the car and walked to the rear passenger door and opened it as Hoseok got closer.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asked with a frown as he stared back at Jungkook from his seat in the front. Hoseok stood there also looking quite confused and carried a questioning look as to why Jungkook was opening the door for him.

"Um- I'm opening the door for your brother" Jungkook said quite awkwardly as he glanced away  which only made the two brothers even more confused.

"Uhhh why?" Jimin asked, why was Jungkook acting so weird all of a sudden?

Jungkook glared at Jimin before jiggling the handle on the door, "um this door sometimes gets stuck so I just wanted to open it for you Hoseok".

Believing it, Hoseok smiled and got in before saying a quick thank you to the football captain that was being quite nice today.