Chapter 22: Saturday, Part 2

"Another great day of practice boys, we will show off all our hard work on Friday", the coach yelled in his loud voice as everyone stood around him, still tired and sweaty from practice, kind of wishing their coach would use his inside voice. "So go shower and go home, enjoy the rest of your Saturday", and with that he blew the green whistle around his neck and everyone scattered.

If the coach had noticed something odd in Jungkook's play today he didn't show it, but honestly he felt he was playing pretty badly, ever since that conversation with Jimin this morning it was all he could think about and that affected his throw, even if he didn't want to admit it. He watched as Jimin ran ahead joining some other guys from his own homeroom class and seemed unbothered by everything in the world right now. He knew there was a high chance Jimin would react that way to the thought of his brother dating a guy but in the back of his mind he thought there was a possibility that he would accept it, accept him. Everything seemed to be going downhill for him recently and he really needed something to motivate him forward.

He sighed and wiped some sweat off his forehead, leaning against the wall of the bleachers. He really wanted to see Hoseok right now, to see him smile and make him feel like everything was going to be okay. To cheer him on and be the energy he was lacking. 

Pushing himself off the wall with his elbows he started making his way back to the locker room, maybe Jimin would change his mind if he explained? Jungkook shook his head, scratch that idea, Jimin was the type of person that once his mind was set on something it was nearly impossible to change, he knew firsthand after spending so much time talking to the guy.

"What? You still haven't showered? What are you even doing Kook?!" Jimin said in a loud voice as he spotted the taller male making his way into the crowded locker room, it seemed he was the only one left that hadn't showered yet, everyone else had already finished changing and making their way out the door to their vehicles or parent's car.

"I just had a lot on my mind, I didn't know you were in such a hurry to get home or anything", Jungkook said, shooting a small frown in his friend's direction.

Jimin just rolled his eyes and started taking Jungkook's clean change of clothes out of the locker, "I'm in a hurry for two reasons, first I'm so hungry and I know my brother is at home cooking the most delicious meal in the world, and second I don't fully trust that Taehyung guy alone with him...he still hasn't earned my trust", and with that he shoved the pile of clean clothes to Jungkook's chest, gesturing with his fingers to hurry it up.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, that couldn't be true right? They had all agreed to meet after practice after all. 

"Taehyung is at your house right now?"

Jimin who had already started looking through his phone turned to look at him "yeah he came early this morning to help Hobi make the food, that boy gets up early on a Saturday but can't get up early to go to school? he's weird".

Jungkook didn't say another word as he headed to the showers. Jimin didn't seem to get it but really he didn't blame Taehyung, he'd get up early too if it meant spending some time alone with Hoseok. 

Letting the pressured water wash away all the shampoo from his hair he just let his head fall back letting the cool droplet also clean every inch of sweat off his face and neck. Jungkook just let the water land on him as he was again filled in a world with just his thoughts. Taehyung was the type of guy that when they knew what they wanted, it was all over..also known as the worst type of rival, especially in Jungkook's case. Jungkook had been content for two years now knowing that he was keeping the flies away with subtle moves. Girls were easy to handle, as sometimes he would overhear one or two talking about asking him out or saying he was unusually cute so he would put in a little extra effort to make them stare only at him by giving an extra compliment that day or waving at them in the hallway. Jungkook knew that Hoseok had a lot of male admirers around the school, as he would sometimes catch lingering stares or comments about how Hoseok was prettier than all the girls in school but surprisingly, and much to Jungkook's interest, they would always seem to back off whenever he mentioned social status. A method that had worked perfectly for the last two years. He remembers when he first met Taehyung, it was during football practice that Hoseok had brought him along with him to show him the facilities, he remembers how he had told him what he had told all the others, but unlike the others he didn't seem to care..someone that didn't care about being popular.