Chapter 28: Sleepover, Part 3

"Talk? you" Hoseok hesitated, trying to understand any reason for this out of the blue request, "and me?"

Jungkook tried to keep his face from frowning but it was really difficult, the slight traces of a frown beginning to form on his brow, if Hoseok had to ask him this question it just meant that they couldn't have a simple conversation without it seeming odd in the first place. Did they really have to have Jimin around for it to seem normal?

Jungkook shook his head, feeling defeated to have even attempted this at all.

"I'm sorry you must be sleepy right? just forget I aske-".

He stopped talking when Hoseok walked around the counter and sat just opposite of him, water bottle nestled tightly between his pretty hands. "What did you want to talk about, I'm all ears?"

Jungkook didn't realize he hadn't said anything to Hoseok's question, too shocked that the other boy willingly had agreed, only realizing it must have been awkward for Hoseok who was now clearing his throat and looking away.

"Is something bothering you Jungkook?"

The younger looked up, realizing just now how he hadn't really thought about what he would say if Hoseok agreed to his request and simply just blurted out the first thing on his mind, which at the time, actually most of the time, it was to spend more time with Hoseok. Just them alone.

He was nervous, he knew he shouldn't be but he was...here he was, most popular guy in school, captain of the football team, everyone in the school looked up to him...but here he was, not being able to say one single word to the only person he looked forward to seeing everyday in class; and now he looked like a damn fool because he was the one that requested the other to stay and talk to him.

"I have a crush on someone!"

It was the first thing that popped into his head and Jungkook mentally slapped himself, trying his best to keep cool and maintain a steady voice but in reality it came out too loud and desperate in his ears, he really wished the floor would open up and swallow him whole right now. Jungkook kept his eyes focused on Hoseok, trying to read his expression and honestly he wouldn't be surprised at all if the other boy just stood up and went back to sleep.

But he didn't.

Hoseok reached out and grabbed Jungkook's hand that seemed too clamped up, meaning whatever was going through Jungkook's mind was really important to him. Hoseok knew that this had been eating up at him and wanted to be of help in any way he could, even if he didn't really have much experience in this department.

"I'm sorry, I think I know who you're referring to".

Jungkook deadpanned for a second, unsure if he liked the idea of Hoseok knowing, but how did he know? Was he really that obvious?

"Eunhan right? I saw your text, I'm so sorry i didn't mean to but when I went to pick up your phone the message just appeared and-"

"No".

Hoseok stopped whatever train of thought he was having, waiting for Jungkook to have some sort of explanation.

The younger looked to have lost all nervousness from earlier and he carried this glint in his eye that would ensure anyone that he was being completely honest, and whatever he said came from somewhere deep inside.

"Hoseok it's not her, I really don't know why she texted me that but honestly I have no feelings towards her, I'm actually considering going to the store tomorrow and getting a new number", he laughed but he wasn't sure why he did, he wasn't even kidding.

The expression on Hoseok's face was unreadable, and maybe it was because Eunhan was obviously the simplest answer to Jungkook's crush, now that that had been crossed out, the possibilities could literally be any girl.