Chapter 21: Saturday, Part 1

"Morning, what's all this Hobi?" Jimin leaned on the kitchen counter and eyed the various ingridients that were already neatly chopped and in various containers. The colorful arrangement only meaning that Hoseok was probably going to go all out on dinner tonight, something he rarely did, only on special occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas or a birthday.

"Good morning to you too", Hoseok said with a smile as he looked up from cutting the lettuce, "I'm getting all the food ready and prepped, are you leaving for practice already?" he looked at the clock and figured that was the case.

"Sure am! Just waiting on slowpoke Jungkook to pick me up".

Hoseok looked up and gave his brother a half smile, "don't be rude Jiminie, he doesn't have to come pick you up you know? he could just go to practice all by himself...really, be more appreciative to have such a good friend like Jungkook".

Jimin scoffed and leaned forward on the counter until he had his elbows flat against it, "yeah I know, but that's just how we are...he's used to it and plus he deserves it...he's been ignoring me and really distracted lately, I have to call his name like 2 or 3 times sometimes, I wonder what's been going on in that head of his, I hope he hasn't gotten hit by too many footballs".

A soft giggle left Hoseok's mouth and Jimin joined, always loving when his brother laughed because of him.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the case, maybe he's just distracted by which college to join? I heard that he's already had many scouts come and talk to him and recruiters really want him to join".

"You're right, he did tell me a bit about that but he doesn't really like to bring it up...wait how did you hear about it?"

Hoseok put down the knife and started putting all the lettuce in a plastic container, "I overheard some girls in class talking about it, they really love talking about Jungkook, he's really popular".

"Tell me about it", Jimin said as he rolled his eyes, "I keep pushing him to go out with one of them but he always just brushes it off and refuses to touch the subject, it's so weird! All boys our age want a cute girlfriend to go on dates with, right Hobi?"

Hoseok gulped at the question. He wanted to say yes but was that because that's what Jimin wanted to hear or because that's what he wanted to make himself believe? Honestly whenever he went shopping with Jimin and his friends they would always talk about girls or point one out and say how cute or pretty she was but the subject never really interested him much. Was it weird? was he weird?

"Hello?" Jimin snapped his fingers in front of his brother as if trying to wake him from whatever thought he was having "geez Hobs you're acting just like Jungkook", he pouted and paused, "ohhh~ were you perhaps thinking of that girl you have a crush on?! tell me her name please Hobi~!"

"What? no what are you talking about?" Blushing at being so distracted Hoseok wiped his hands on his apron and took one of Jimin's hands in his, "I'm sorry, I don't know where my head was a second ago~ I promise to make your favorite tonight".

"You're not fair, it's impossible to get mad at you Hobi, at least let me stay mad at you for a few seconds", Jimin whined as he shook his head.

A small knock on the back door alerted both boys as they saw someone was standing just outside the door by the shadow, "ohh what?! Didn't mom and dad have work early today? Hobi stand behind me, pass me the knife". Jimin widened his arms out and shook his hand as if demanding Hoseok to put the knife there.

Another giggle came from Hoseok as he watched his brother's antics.

"Please don't say that Jiminie, you could get hurt. That's probably Taehyung".