Chapter 13: Late for School, Part 2

"what?" the comment had thrown Hoseok off guard. Taehyung looked back at the two little birds and gently stroked one of their heads.

"Well they are on my property, I just figured that when you can't do it, I can take care of them, I can tell they really love you, they started chirping the moment they saw you, I'm really envious of that, I really want a certain someone to feel that way towards me".

A certain someone? Hoseok felt drawn to those words and felt the urge to reach out to the boy in front of him when the pair heard the loud honk from a car. It must be Jungkook and Jimin. The two of them stood up from their crouched position, "come on, it's probably them", Tae said as he grabbed Hobi's hand and led him out the backyard towards the familiar car.

"Hobi-brooo~", Jimin shouted and ran to the pair, wrapping his arms around his brother and hugging him tightly. "I'm so glad you're safe, I really thought you had gotten kidnapped!".

Hoseok hugged him back and rested his face on his shoulder, "I'm fine really Jiminie, I promise to tell you where I'm going from now on, I hate making you worry".

"Let's go!" Jungkook shouted from the car. Obviously irritated.

Jimin whipped his head around and glared at the male sitting in the car. "Can't you see were having a moment? you were freaking out more than I was, why don't you come hug him too?"

Jungkook scoffed at the comment, "as if I'd want to hug him, I don't want to get his nerd germs on me".

Jimin rolled his eyes and turned back to face his brother, "ignore him Hobi, we're both glad you're safe, let's go or we're gonna miss all of first period".

Jimin noticing the taller male standing next to them for the first time, "oh Taehyung! I have a few questions to ask you but I'll ask them in the car, let's go".

The three males got inside the vehicle and Jungkook started driving towards the school.

Jimin who was sitting in the passenger seat looked back at the pair, then landed his eyes directly at Taehyung, "I had no idea that you lived right next to us until Jungkook told me a few minutes ago! Hobi why didn't you tell me?"

Hoseok really didn't think of a single reason why he didn't tell Jimin, it really must have skipped his mind. It's not like he was trying to keep it a secret. "Jiminie, I guess I just forgot to mention it".

Jimin just nodded along, turning to his brother when he thought of something, "ohh yeah! you're coming to watch us practice after school today right Hobi?"

Hoseok smiled, he loved watching practice, it was something he knew Jimin was passionate about, just like his video games. If it made Jimin happy, then it made him happy.

"Of course, I did promise..oh", Hoseok remembered something and turned to Taehyung, "I forgot I had already told Taehyung I'd hang out with him after school".

Taehyung stroked Hobi's arm and reassured him, "don't worry about that, we can go watch them practice and we can hang out after, I did say I'd treat you".

Hoseok smiled at the boy next to him, he felt relief that everything seemed to work out. "Thanks Taehyung, I don't think you owe me anything though, I didn't even do anything".

"Whoa wait", Jimin piped in, his gaze traveling from Hoseok and Taehyung "when did you two get so close? I feel so out of the loop here and it's frustrating, Hobi I wanna know all your friends, as your brother I need to make sure they're treating you well!".

Hoseok just shyly smiled at Jimin and Taehyung decided to answer Jimin's questions, "well I just moved in next door to you guys like two days ago, your brother showed me around the school on my first day and I kind of just stuck to him from then on, Jimin, I really like your brother".