Chapter 25: Your Place, Part 2

Jungkook kept looking at the piece of paper still clutched in his grip, if he hadn't offered to play Paris then he would be the one playing Romeo, Juliet's one true love. An opportunity he convinced himself was never going to present itself again.

"You're awfully quiet down there, what are you thinking about?" Jimin's voice came from upstairs, his body leaning slightly against the rail.

Was it such a crazy idea that he was contemplating whether or not to tell Jimin what exactly he was feeling? and how frustrated he had felt for days now? He decided against it and looked up at Jimin hesitantly, "nothing really, it's just that I'm playing Paris and I haven't really studied any of his lines".

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck as he tried recalling something, "Ah you mean Paris from Romeo and Juliet? Hobi told me that's the play your group was doing, I still don't get how your teacher gave that play to three guys but it's one of Hobi's favorites so I'm glad he got it".

"It is?" Jungkook questioned, his interest piqued at knowing something new about Hoseok. Jimin rarely spoke about these types of things with him, so when Jimin was being so open he felt it was his only chance.

"Yeah", Jimin spoke as he walked down the stairs and flopped himself down on the carpeted floor of the living room, reaching for the remote on the coffee table and turning on the television, "he was always interested in the relationship between Romeo and Juliet, he told me it was interesting how they loved each other but everyone they knew rejected them being together and how they were ready to lose it all just to be with each other".

His attention now glued to setting up the console to play one of his many video games. Jungkook took a seat on the sofa and reclined while thinking how similar his situation was, how he might have to face the dilemma of having his friends and family rejecting the idea of him being with another boy, a forbidden relationship.

"Anything else your brother likes?" Jungkook asked, his eyes fixed on the TV screen even though his attention wasn't on it at all. His mind juggling the idea of learning new things Hoseok liked and trying to maintain his voice steady and calm.

Jungkook thought Jimin hadn't heard the question when the other didn't even glance at him or answer him back as seconds passed, his fingers moving the buttons on the wireless controller as he selected the save file to his game.

"Uhh.." he paused again, Jungkook knew better than to try to have a conversation with Jimin when his attention was focused on the TV, "he likes a lot of things, why?".

The football captain sighed and stood up. Asking Jimin seemed to be a lost cause, it seemed that the only way he would be able to get that information was if he asked Hoseok himself. Walking over to the bag that had been tossed on the sofa.

"I'm going to go put this away in your room, you should try to clean after yourself more", Jungkook lectured the boy sitting on the floor, who just waved his hand dismissively.

"Yeah yeah thanks".

Without another word Jungkook slung the bag over his shoulder and started making his way upstairs towards Jimin's room. Taking in the various photographs that littered the hallway. All family portrait pictures with all four Park family members. He started laughing quietly when he spotted a picture where Jimin had closed his eyes, amused knowing that Jimin probably hated this photo. His gaze shifted to Hoseok who was wearing a blue blazer and a white collared shirt underneath, his hair combed thoroughly and his eyes looking straight at the camera, the beautiful smile he had admired for a long time playing with his heart because for a moment he could forget this was a family picture and pretend it was just Hoseok looking at him like that. Hoseok's hands were perched on his lap as he sat next to Jimin, he thought the pose was pretty and elegant and knowing Hoseok he knew the boy had probably thought about it for a while, making sure the photo turned out nicely.