Chapter 15: Football Practice, Part 2

All the spectators watched the practice game and everyone had seemed to notice that the quarterback was playing a bit off today. More than a bit off, it really wouldn't come to a surprise to anyone if they found someone else playing under that football helmet and not the ever popular Jeon Jungkook. It seems that whatever had happened between then and that five minute break had worked because he was back to his old self, playing like a true captain. Another school had agreed to have a practice match and currently the away team had 21 more points, it was looking dreary, but Jungkook was making sure to get those points back with excellent throw after throw.

"Ohhhh! Did you see that throw!?", Hoseok exclaimed, quite excited at the 40 yard throw from Jungkook to Jimin who caught it perfectly. Hoseok stood up and cheered as he witnessed his brother run and score their first touchdown, making the score 6 to 21. Jimin waved, quite content that Hobi had seen him catch that ball. Hoseok knew this was just a practice match but that didn't stop him from feeling ecstatic.

The coach blew his whistle signaling that the first half of the game was over. He called the team over, and they circled around the coach.

"Well it wasn't the best of starts but it seems we'll be able to catch up if we keep playing this way, it seems that talk I had with you about the scouts coming next month really got you going huh Jungkook", the coach said as he patted the boy on the back, quite happy with his work.

Internally rolling his eyes...scouts were the last thing on his mind right now, "yeah...that's what it was", Jungkook said as his eyes drifted to Hoseok who was currently wrapping the jacket tighter around his body as a strong wind appeared. He smiled at the sight but looked back at the coach who was snapping his fingers in front of his face.

"C'mon boy, you planning on standing there all day?", Jungkook saw as everyone had already started making their way to the locker room. He really had to pay closer attention to his surroundings.

Jimin turned around when he saw Jungkook jogging over, "hey what was up with you today? I thought the coach was going to yell at me too for not catching your throws, I always get blamed but I was shocked when he called you over and not me".

Jungkook rolled his eyes, with the way he had been playing earlier there was no one on earth that would be able to catch those bad throws. "Don't worry about it, I'm fine now".

"What was it though?", Jimin leaned in a bit closer and in a more quiet tone he added, "did you have to use the bathroom? is that why we took that five minute break?"

Jungkook kicked Jimin on the leg, "no you idiot, now stop talking to me I'm going to go get some water", he said as he rushed ahead, questioning why he hung out with Jimin in the first place but quickly found a reason why, a very good reason.

"Wow you jerk", Jimin yelled after him.

_____________

Jungkook paused as he couldn't believe his luck. Just in front of him was Hoseok, in his Letterman jacket, at the water fountain. He walked over slowly as Hoseok lifted his head from the fountain, small amounts of water droplets around his lips.

"Oh Jungkook! I didn't see you, I'm sorry I'm just hogging up the water", Hoseok said with a small giggle as he stepped away, "you're the one that must be needing this more than me, look I bought you this".

Hoseok pulled out two sport drinks from his backpack, "one for you and one for Jiminie~ I was going to give these to you two after practice but seeing as you're already here-".

Jungkook took the two bottles.

"Thank you Hoseok, you didn't have to".

"I wanted to do this, you have been working so hard, even driving me to school these last couple of days and driving me home...this is really the least I could do".