Chapter 26: Sleepover, Part 1

A confused expression painted itself on Hoseok's face at Jungkook's sudden words. 'Staying over?' It's not like it was strange in any way for Jungkook to stay over, he was Jimin's best friend after all, it just seemed weird because he had never seen Jungkook around the house for more than a minute or two. So saying out of the blue that he was going to spend the night was new, and unusual.

The silence seemed heavy to Jungkook who was trying to read Hoseok's expression as the other stayed silent, as if taking each word one at a time. 'Maybe this was a bad idea after all', he thought as he sighed and raked his fingers through his dark brown locks.

"Um, if it's weird I can go home", Jungkook motioned to his car.

Hoseok shook out of his thoughts at that and quickly grabbed onto Jungkook's arm, "No please, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you think I didn't want you to stay over, I'm sure it would make Jimin really happy..it's just, um it seemed a bit strange because you always seem in a rush to leave every time you come over, I just thought you didn't like it here very much".

Jungkook shook his head, how wrong could Hoseok be right now? Everything seemed to revolve around these small misunderstandings. If only Hoseok knew the real reason for why he rarely visited was because of him, that the small moments he sees Hoseok open that door and present him with that pretty feint smile is what is stuck in his head all day long.

"I know, but the reason I don't come over is because of you".

Instantly he heard what he said and regretted it, it was the opposite of what he wanted to say. He could see the hurt expression wash over Hoseok's face and that's the last thing he wanted to see, especially after knowing he was the cause of it, he never wanted to be the reason for it again.

He grabbed onto Hoseok's shoulders, making the shorter boy look at him, "No no that's not-"

"Hm, what are you two doing out here?" Jimin questioned upon finding this strange scene in front of him when he opened the front door, not really understanding the reason why his brother and his best friend were standing outside in this cold weather when a storm was closely approaching, even more suspicious when he noticed where Jungkook's hands were situated. It was strange, especially knowing these two didn't get along that well in the first place.

"Ah sorry Jiminie it is cold, c'mon let's go in quickly", he said as he grabbed onto both boys by their sleeve and led them inside the house, back into the comfort of the warm living room.

Jungkook stared as Hoseok forced a smile, it was obvious to him after all the times he had seen a genuine one. He had to clear up this misunderstanding.

"Hobi, you okay? How was the library" Jimin questioned, sitting on the edge of the couch.

"hm, the library?", he paused but looked at Jungkook when he remembered the conversation they had shared, an awkward smile playing on Jungkook's face, he really didn't want to get outed right now in front of the Park brothers and try to awkwardly make up an extended lie to try to explain why he lied.

"Oh yeah, the library...it was fun, a lot of studying was done of course".

Jungkook sighed, mentally thanking Hoseok for being so kind and understanding.

Jimin rolled his eyes and threw himself fully on the couch, sprawling his limbs everywhere, "only you would find studying fun Hobi-bro, you should play video games with me sometimes, I'll teach you a thing or two".

Hoseok giggled, content that Jimin wanted to spend time with him sharing one of his passions, "or you could hang out with me and I could teach you a thing or two in math".