Chapter 20: Ice Cream

"I know it's Friday but just a few last announcements I want to make before you're all dismissed", Mr. Kim spoke with authority as he stood in front of his class. Full attention was on him as he started making his way to the board.

"Now as you all already know, the school fair is slowly approaching and we have to decide what this class will be responsible for", he wrote a few things on the board.

"A few suggestions have already been made to me but I'm always taking more, just stop by after class or come see me during my office hours and let me know your plan..also remember that your Shakespeare projects are due on Tuesday".

Everyone started getting up from their seats, Hoseok turned in his seat and faced the handsome boy who was fortunately seated right behind him.

"Do you have any ideas for our class?"

Taehyung had not really thought about it, it was just another school fair that he had to attend but just like many years before, he would make an excuse and skip out because like always..his parents were too busy to attend. This year however was different, this year he didn't seem to mind so much that his parents were probably not going to be there, he would attend if Hoseok attended. He really wanted to walk around the decorated school on a Saturday evening with Hoseok by his side, trying all the school projects and eating the various types of foods that would be offered by their fellow students. He unconsciously smiled at the way Hoseok's eyes sparkled at the mention of the school fair, something that was obviously very important to him.

"No I don't but maybe we can discuss it tomorrow, I've always been pretty good at coming up with some good ideas".

Hoseok smiled. The school fair was important to him, as it was to the student council, as they had been planning it for two months now and everything was just coming together like a puzzle.

"Ok it sounds like a plan, by the way have you already finished reading Romeo and Juliet?"

Of course he had. He had stopped going out late so much, something his younger self did very often and now took solace in his bedroom reading the books that Hoseok suggested to him. He liked reading but the thing he liked more was seeing Hoseok's face brighten up whenever he mentioned he had started reading the book he had been recommended or made small comments on parts he liked, it really made everything worthwhile.

"Yes I have, I'm looking forward to planning everything out tomorrow with you".

-

Classes went by uneventfully and as the school day had finally ended, Hoseok and Taehyung walked out the doors to the practice field where Jungkook and Jimin were talking.

"Jiminie, are you staying for practice today?" Hoseok spoke out loud as he neared the pair. They both turned and smiled as they saw who had called out.

The two football players walked over and Jimin instinctively wrapped his arms around his brother pulling him in a bear hug, "nooo~ our mean coach made us clean the field as punishment but we're already finished".

Hoseok eyed the now clean field, he had seen it earlier that day and it was a mess and many students had thrown empty soda cans, papers and trash everywhere, it now looked absolutely spotless.

"Wow how did you manage to clean it so fast? Class just let out like 10 minutes ago".

Jimin tightened his grip around Hoseok and giggled, "well Jungkook rushed me over here right as the bell rang and cleaned like 90% of it by himself, I did help of course..look" he pointed at the ten big black trash bags that were stacked up next to each other, "I did all two of those".