Chapter 11: In Your Bedroom

The sound of the alarm was the only noise in the Park residence aside from Jimin's light snoring. Hoseok quickly grabbed his phone and turned off the alarm, sighing as he read the time.

5:30 am

Remembering exactly why he had set his alarm for that time, he rubbed his eyes to try and push away the sleepy feeling. He knew his routine like the back of his hand and getting up early was an essential part of it. Turning on the lights to his bedroom and trying to adjust to the sudden attack of brightness he sat at his desk and pulled out his notebooks full of well organized notes. Word after word, Hoseok read every single line but his brain seemed to skip over it, all he could think of was how nervous he was.

Hoseok figured he was over reacting, he was just gonna go wake up his neighbor, no big deal right?

..he couldn't do it, was it too late to cancel...? putting his head in his hands he knew it would be impossible to study under these circumstances. No, he had already told Taehyung he would do it and backing out now was a definite no. 

Deciding studying was a lost cause for today he put away his notes and started getting ready for another school day. The whole time he wondered why he was feeling so nervous, would he feel this way for anyone else...well he wasn't sure but this felt different. 

Looking in the mirror and adjusting every little detail until he deemed it perfect, Hoseok gave his reflection a thumbs up and decided to start making breakfast for the rest of his family members. Today felt like a french toast and orange juice kind of morning.

"Yum what smells so good?" Jimin shouted from the stairs as he descended in a rushed pace. Jimin could smell food from a mile away, especially if it was his beloved brother's cooking. 

"I made french toast Jiminie, sit down I'll serve you some", Hoseok said as he grabbed a plate off the cabinet shelf and served some for his brother. Doing the most exaggerated intake of air, Jimin rushed over and sat on one of the stools right in front of the breakfast Hobi had made for him. 

"What did I do to deserve the best brother in the world?", Jimin didn't even hesitate to sink his fork into the food in front of him.

He really didn't think he could love his family anymore than he already did.

"Well I don't know about that, but I know what you deserve for that comment", Hoseok said as he reached over and put another piece of french toast on Jimin's plate. Only making Jimin have the biggest grin on his face. 

Hoseok planned to eat breakfast with his brother but he thought it would be better if he took some breakfast for Taehyung and they could eat together. Spending breakfast together just like they had at lunch. He thought about what Tae's reaction would be like and how much of a reaction he would get every time he had some of his cooking, just the thought made him smile.

"Hobi-bro, it's the first time I've seen you smile like that...." Jimin put his fork down and stared at his brother right in the eye, "don't tell me...you finally found a girl you like?"

"what?! no way". 

What Jimin had just said had suddenly put him on guard and he felt like running away, especially knowing how Jimin was the type that once he gets curious he doesn't stop until he knows everything. 

"Hobi there's no way that's not true, I can tell right away from your face, tell me who she is? is she in your class? older? younger?", Jimin stood up from his stool and grabbed onto Hoseok's shirt, "I could help you out, just tell me her name, she'll say yes for sure".

Hoseok felt trapped, he didn't know why Jimin was convinced he had a crush on anyone. 

"Um, I gotta go Jiminie", Hoseok maneuvered himself around Jimin and grabbed his stuff off the counter along with the packed lunch and breakfast for him and Taehyung, heading to the backyard.