Chapter 2: The New Student

Hoseok sat at his desk, setting down his books and grabbing his notebook and pencil bag out of his backpack. Familiar faces started to filter in through the open door, most of them ignoring him, with occasionally one or two of them smiling at him as he greeted them a good morning. 

Even though he was the student council president, it was a role that nobody really fought for and seeing as he was the only name on the ballot, he was the one voted for. It was a hard job with little to no recognition, but that is not why he picked it in the first place. He just wanted something to add to his college registration that would make him stand out, going to a good school was a big dream of his and making his parents proud was his top priority. 

Hoseok had two best friends, both of which were members of the student council. Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon, Yoongi was the secretary and managed the schedule and meetings, while Namjoon was the treasurer and managed the budgets. Namjoon had a lot of wannabe friends just because of that, sometimes the same thing happened to Hoseok. Too bad they were all in another classroom, the only people he knew well in this class was Jungkook, and he was not comfortable enough to call him a friend. Jungkook really cared about his cool image. 

Hoseok sat in silence for minutes until the whole classroom was bustling with laughter and talking, he looked up when he heard the familiar voice of his teacher. Mr. Kim Seokjin walked into the classroom, all the girls whispering among themselves, as always they were in awe of his good looks. Hoseok admired him as a person but he agreed with the girls, he was very handsome, not that he would ever say it out loud though. 

"Students, please sit down and pull out your history book", Mr.Kim wrote down a few notes on the blackboard then turned around when there was a knock on the door, "oh i almost forgot, students, we have a new student, please greet him politely", and with that he spoke for the student to come in.

Dark brown locks styled in a messy fashion was the first thing Hoseok noticed, the complete opposite of his light brown hair combed thoroughly, not a hair out of place. The second thing he noticed was the uniform, he was pretty sure they were wearing the same thing but it looked completely different on this new student. He had a few buttons of his shirt unbuttoned, and his tie was undone. The black trousers looked like they had been slept in and he wore simple black sneakers. His backpack hung over his shoulder but it looked to be empty. 

The girls squealed as they saw the boy walk into the classroom. He gave off a vibe of nonchalance and the girls seemed to go crazy over it. The boys just looked at him like he was nothing of importance but were judging whether or not they wanted him in their circle.  Mr. Kim tried his hardest to calm all the loud noises, Hoseok just stared at the new boy, he was a bit entranced of how handsome he was, even if he was a guy. 

"Please say a few words to introduce yourself", Mr. Kim said in a serious tone.

The new student looked from the wall to the students in front of him, "I'm Kim Taehyung", he said in a low tone. The girls' uproar started again upon hearing his deep voice. Hoseok was surprised by his voice as well, it was a very deep and soothing tone that he hadn't heard before, especially in another student his age. He liked his voice.

"Well that wasn't very informative but i'll accept it, I hope you open yourself more to everyone here and please get to know the students well and I hope you enjoy your stay at this school, everyone here is very nice and I'm sure you will find some good friends", Mr.Kim looked around the room, deciding where he was gonna seat the new student.

"You are tall so I'm gonna seat you towards the back of the classroom so you don't block anyone's view", all the girls boo'd as most of the girls sat in the front all together and the boys sat in the back. 

Mr.Kim's eyes caught those of Hoseok's and he smiled at him, "You see that cute kid over there?" he pointed in his direction, "you will sit in the seat behind him".  A small blush covered hoseok's cheeks at the comment, and he looked down at his lap. He felt Jungkook look at him, along with some other students, he wasn't used to attention being directed at him, and wasn't sure how to handle it. 

He looked up when he heard the heavy footsteps of the new student's shoes making his way towards him, their eyes met for what felt like eternity. The new student had such an intense look that pierced him, he felt trapped and had to look away. He sighed when he heard the thump as Taehyung put his backpack on his own desk and sat down. 

"Seeing as you are new and may not know some of the facilities at this school, why don't I let one of you take him around and show him?" Mr. Kim said in his teacher voice. 

The girls all raised their hands and surprised Mr. Kim, he wasn't used to seeing so many volunteers for anything. He knew if he picked one of the girls then the rest of them would hate him for it. "Umm, how about....oh! This looks like the perfect job for the student council president". Hoseok gulped when he heard student council, and looked up at his teacher with begging eyes. 

"Perfect! I come up with the best ideas", he softly laughed and quickly added one more thing before getting back to his lesson, "you two meet me here after school, I'll give you a short list of all the facilities I want you to visit, Taehyung, I leave you in the best hands in all of Bangtan Academy".