Chapter 24: Your Place, Part 1

"Excuse me? What do you mean you're staying over at my place tonight? I'm currently busy kook, I don't have time for thi-"

"Please"

There line went silent for a bit and Jungkook had to glance at his phone to make sure the call hadn't abruptly ended, but it hadn't as the call duration kept ticking away.

Jimin sighed into the phone, feeling incredulous, he wanted to continue playing video games and enjoying his weekend with his friends but he couldn't remember the last time Jungkook had said please for anything, the word sounding foreign coming from Jungkook's own mouth. Was this really that important to him?

Jimin raked his fingers through his hair before contemplating the request once more, "fine, I was about to call Hobi and ask for permission to stay here tonight but I guess I can go home...but you owe me one".

Jungkook smiled and cleared his throat, he didn't want to sound too eager, "yeah fine, whatever...text me the address so I can go pick you up".

______

"This is amazing Taehyung, you did all of this on your own?" Hoseok exclaimed as he looked around the living room. They were currently standing in the entrance to the house, the once scattered boxes and empty spaced room was now a functional living room..sofas, coffee table, rugs, bookcase, television, and Taehyung had even managed the decorate the area with a few decorative pieces like lamps, figurines, candles and flower arrangements throughout. Everything looked modern and new, as if straight from a catalog.

"Yeah, it took me a few hours to move everything around but I couldn't have you come over and sit on the floor now could I?" the smile stretched to a boxy grin that Hoseok had to admit was endearing and a sight he wish he could see more often.

Glancing around and taking in how much it had changed in just a short period of time was astonishing to him. Taehyung wasted no time and hugged Hoseok from behind, enjoying the close proximity, feeling Hoseok's warm body.

"Can I tell you something?"

The shorter boy turned his head slightly as if gesturing to continue and that he was paying attention.

"Jimin told me you had a crush on someone in our class and wanted me to help him figure out who it was".

Hoseok chuckled, not seeming surprised by the news one bit.

"Oh that sounds like something Jimin would do, he's been pushing me to get a girlfriend for a while now so I guess he's just excited about it, please don't mind him".

Taehyung hummed, signaling he understood. "It's hard to peg what your ideal type is though so I wasn't much help to him but I told him I'd figure it out".

"Not everyone has an ideal type though, especially someone that's never been in a relationship like that before".

Taehyung smiled into Hoseok's hair, loving the fresh vanilla scent coming from each soft stand that tickled his nose.

"but I do".

Hoseok wanted to turn around and face Taehyung but he also loved how Taehyung's arms were wrapped around his chest and his breath was tickling his hair.

Taehyung continued, "my ideal type is someone kind, always thinking of others..someone beautiful, absolutely beautiful with a smile that could light up the whole room, someone that can cook, the best cooking skills from cookies, famous cookies might I add, to a pasta dish that no one could rival, also I prefer that someone to be a student council president and my next door neighbor too".

Hoseok felt his face flush, he was now glad he wasn't facing Taehyung so he couldn't see how red he was. "oh", Hoseok's voice was soft, trying his best to muster up any kind of verbal communication. "That's oddly specific".