The Trivial Thoughts of Insignificant Company- Otto, Chubby reader

Start from the beginning

      Your father shook the older mans hand, "George, Madame Juhanne. May I introduce my eldest daughter, (Y/N). She's quite the shy one and has finally decided to grace us with her presence."  The other man chuckled, "I understand all too well, my own daughter Victoria, " he pointed to a small framed woman standing next to them, "Doesn't do too well with meeting new people." He looked down at you and nodded; the wife smiled, "Nice to meet you, (Y/N). This is our son, Otto." Otto looked over at you at the sound of his name having been said and took a few steps to be closer. You bowed slightly as he took your hand. After placing a small kiss upon it he stood up tall, releasing your hand slowly, "Mademoiselle, I hope you enjoy this party that's being thrown in honor of your family's arrival to our town." He smiled down at you as he licked his lips, taking in your figure and then made his way over to a group of men around his age.  You smiled slightly as he walked away, trying to memorize the way his hand and lips had felt against your own hand.

        Madame Juhanne took you from your father and led you to a group of girls not too far away from Otto's own group. You couldn't help but sneak a few glances over at him. You know what he had done and said was protocol when two eligible people were introduced...but it felt special in a way to you. One of the women you had been placed by spoke up, "So, looks like Otto's caught your heart. Poor girl; you won't stand a chance against Liliane. She just had her coming out party and has her sights set on him." She pulled you closer and turned you around to face another girl; dressed in a pretty lilac dress with blonde curly hair. Her petite frame seemed almost delicate enough to fall over should the air in the room become to volatile.  You nodded in understanding, "I see." She moved to stand next to you, "I'm Claire, daughter of the Judge here in town." Smiling you introduced yourself as well and soon the dancing was underway. Slowly you moved to stand closer to the wall; Claire had danced off with a gentlemen quite early on. Her dance card must have been completely full by this point in the evening. Your sisters could be seen out among the crowd as well; only a few people lingered along the outskirts and most of them were chauffeurs or older family members. Otto danced with Liliane until the mid-dance break.

       Deciding you needed a drink you made your way to the table at the back of the room. Spotting a game of chess in play you watched over their shoulders for a few minutes. Both parties were decent players. Your dry mouth reminded you of your intent so you walked to the table and filled a cup. "Would you like to dance?" At the interruption of being alone in you jumped slightly before turning to see that it was Otto, "Sorry, I was lost in thought." He chuckled a bit as he looked down at your glass, "It's alright I should have made my presence known. I was inquiring as to whether you would like to dance with me?" You gulped as you looked around; several people were watching from afar...one was Liliane, "Are you sure it would be acceptable?" He gently reached his hand down to your cup and pulled it out of its grasp to place it on the table. He looked at you with a small smirk, "I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't."

     Hesitantly you let him lead you out onto the floor. You took in a deep breath and began to count in your head. It's not like you were a bad dancer but it had been awhile. Together the two of you took off with the others, not missing a beat. On dances that the two of you were close enough a conversation could be held; his sister was getting married soon. You told him about your art and musical talents. He offered to take you out to the park to show you some of the local wildlife for inspiration. You told him that would be enjoyable and the talking continued as the dances went on. You laughed and smiled; before you knew how much time had passed the dinner bell was ringing. Otto offered you his arm and led you into the dining hall. Liliane stood waiting by the doorway pouting, "Surely you haven't forgotten your promise to dine next to me this evening Otto?" You could see his jaw clench slightly, "No, of course not." He forced a smile and then bid you farewell. The icy glare from her eyes was cold enough to almost stop your heart. You shook your head a little and then sat next to your sisters. The dinner was going well and Victoria even gave a speech welcoming your family. Once in a while you would look over at him to see he wasn't enjoying himself that much.