Size Doesn't Matter- Roman x Chubby Reader

Imagine being best friends with Roman and Peter during high school.

The Halloween dance was quickly approaching and you still hadn't been asked by anyone to go. Roman was going stag; Peter too. You were overweight and figured that you would most likely being going alone. It hadn't kept you from hoping though. Letha had encouraged you to make the first move. The one you really wanted to ask was Roman...but you knew the kind he normally went for. Over the past few years you had grown really close. This year your friendship really took off as he and Peter involved you in their quest for The vargulf. Nonetheless, you were sure he only thought of you as a friend.

Slowly you chewed on your lower lip waiting on (G/n) to exit the gym. You liked him enough for an evening of dancing with other students and he seemed to like you too. After a few minutes his curly blonde hair came into view. You waved slightly, "Hey. How was practice?" He shrugged as he waved back, "Dreadful, as always. What's up?" Swallowing nervously as he leaned against the lockers you managed to get the words to come out, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance...with me?" He took in a deep breath, running a hand through his hair, "Oh boy...look, (y/n), I like you. As a friend." You nodded, "Yeah and that's what we would be going as, just friends." He but the inside of his cheek as he stood up straight, "Okay, but people might not think that and I wouldn't want them to think I was dating you." His hands motioned towards your figure as he stretched the last word out. You inhaled sharply, "I see. Kay, bye."
Quickly you turned and walked out of the building, peoples eyes on you as they snickered at what they just witnessed. The hurtful way he said it made your heart heavy. You saw Peter and Roman waiting by his car, they waved over at you. Instead of acknowledging them you just turned and walked in the opposite direction. Seeing Roman right now would have made you feel worse. Unfortunately for you, your friends actually cared about you and ran to catch up to you. Peter wrapped Nd arm around your shoulders, "(Y/n), what's wrong?" You shrugged his arm off, "Nothing, Pete. I just want to be alone." You walked faster as the words faded into the air. Roman's forehead creased with concern, "Kitten, what happened?" His nickname for you usually made you smile bashfully but this time it just made you roll your eyes, "Leave me alone!" You yelled as you went inside the music building. It was always empty so you used it to cry when you needed too. Not hearing the door behind allowed you to inhale deeply, "I'm not going to cry." Saying it out loud didn't help; in-fact it unleashed the torrent of tears and you slumped down in a chair, laying your head down the desk part of it. Your shoulders shook with every staggered breath. All you could do was think about how you were glad you hadn't asked Roman because his turn down would have been much harder on you.
During your crying you forgot to listen for the door, a faint whisper floated towards you, "(Y/n)?" The sudden voice caused you to sit up straight, trying to dry your eyes, "yes?" You managed to turn your head slightly to see who it was. Roman stood there biting his thumb, obviously unsure what to do but at the same time worry and concern etched his face.
Hesitantly he came and sat in a desk next to you, "Kitten, what's wrong?" He reached his hand to your face, gently tucking several strands of hair behind your ear. Taking in a deep breath you looked up into his eyes, " I asked, (g/n), to the Halloween dance and he turned me down. I'm fat and he didn't want people thinking he liked fat girls." Roman's eyes flashed with anger, "Well he's a fucktard. Size doesn't matter. If someone is truly beautiful, people love them no matter what." You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, okay." He grabbed you chin and forced you to look at him, "Hey!" His strong chin, plush, full lips and intensely beautiful eyes bore themselves into your mind. He smiled a bit, licking his lips, "I know what I'm talking about." He leaned in quickly, crashing his lips into yours. They were soft yet rough. The kiss was passionate yet gentle; and hungry. He pulled away, your eyes opened wide in shock as he spoke, "I know because I've loved you for a while." Your heart skipped a beat, a smile tugging on your lips, "What?"
He chuckled a little, a light blush creeping across his face as he looked down for a minute. He reached a hand over to hold yours, "I love you, (y/n). I have since 9th grade....want to go to the dance with me?" He raised an eyebrow awaiting your response. Still in blissful shock you whispered, "of course...I love you too!" He smirked as he kissed the top of your hand. Roman stood up, pulling you with him, "Good. Now let's go back outside so Peter and I can kick (g/n)'s ass." You laughed, suddenly the whole future looked a lot brighter.