Beat of the Drums- Bill

This was a request by @68dodgecharger. I drew some inspiration from an interactive game on my phone lmao. Hope you like it!

     The noise coming from the stage area had your heart beating as fast as the music you were about to play. In fact, you thought you might end up getting sick before you had to go on. Your friends, were just as nervous but the five of you kept smiling at each other. This was it, the chance for the band to be spotted by someone and make it big. You'd been working for the past three months, almost nonstop, on each and every song that you were going to be playing this evening.

      You huddled together as the announcer began to introduce the band. Each of you exchanged high-fives for good luck and taking in a deep breath, walked out on stage.  The crowd cheered, even though only a handful really knew who you were. The small bar was completely full, but you didn't have time to remember your nerves as (L/S/N) began to sing the a Capella entrance into the first song. Without hesitation you began to play, the beat flowing out of you freely, having perfected it during the long, harsh practices. Soon the five of you were so into music that you began to dance around and enjoy yourselves completely. Each song flowed beautifully into the next, at one point you dared try to look out past the bright stage lights. Your eyes caught someone's and your breath hitched as you realized who it was...Bill Skarsgard. You gulped as the song came to an end, not believing your eyes. He couldn't possibly have really been out there. This was a little nowhere dive in a little nowhere town.

       The band made it's way backstage, you and your friends celebrating the performance with a bottle of champagne. Then you decided to go ahead and party it up while listening to bands after you. Quickly you made your way up to the bar only to be surrounded by people from the crowd, asking for photos and autographs. Some even asked if you had any cd's that they could purchase. (L/S/N)'s smile beamed as she lead the group out the van to sell a few homemade promotional cd's. The rest of you ordered beverages and went your separate ways. You worked your way towards the pit to get a better spot when someone tapped your shoulder. The sudden contact caused you to jump and almost spill your drink everywhere.

    The person shouted as they leaned closer to you ear, "Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you." You shook your head, shouting back as you turned around, "It's alright!" Your eyes widened at the person who stood behind you. Slowly a giant smile spread across your face, you stuck a hand out for him to shake, "Wow! I'm a big fan!" Instead of shaking your hand he grabbed it and led you back towards the bar. Your heart skipped beat. Once you were back to were you didn't have to yell he turned back towards you, smiling at you, "Thanks, it's always nice to meet a fan.  For once this isn't about me thought...you guys were great up there. I loved the sound of the band. The drums were always a big favorite of mine. You play really well."  You blushed, not having expected his reaction, "Thanks...that means a lot." He nodded, noticing you down your drink, "Can I get you another one?" You chuckled, "Sure, if you tell me why, out of all the places on earth, you came here for night." He ran a hand through his hair as he thought about how to answer, his eyes locking with yours as he spoke, "I just really needed to get away from it all. Sometimes fame isn't all it's cracked up to be. Keep that in mind as your band gains more recognition." You nodded, understanding about wanting to get away from things.

    Sometimes life was hard for you too and a vacation to nowhere seemed like a great idea. Smiling you pointed towards the bar, "(Your drink a choice), if you don't mind." He laughed, licking his lips before biting the lower one, "Of course." You watched as his tall, gorgeous frame walked over to the bar and ordered the two of you drinks. A new band began playing and you tuned into the their music. It was pretty good, you might actually have to buy some of their stuff. A tap on your shoulder brought you back to your current company. He teased, "I didn't scare you again did, I?" Taking the drink you playfully glared at him, "No...not really." He looked back out at the pit, "Want to go brave the masses?" You nodded as he took your hand in his and lead the way back into crowd.

     Several hours later the last band finished up and the two of you made your way out to the group van. He leaned against the door as he lit a cigarette, "So, think you were spotted by anyone tonight?"You shrugged, "Honestly, I thought if we were they would have said something right after the performance; so...maybe, maybe not." He exhaled a puff of smoke, "Yeah, you never know. Maybe you'll get a call tomorrow sometime." You nodded, sipping the rest of you drink, "Yeah. So when do you head back to California, or Sweden." You laughed a bit, knowing he spent time in both places. He looked up at the stars, "I'm not sure. It depends." Tilting your head you asked, "On what?" He licked his lips as he looked back down at you, "On if you want to go out on a date with me?" You swallowed harshly, "Yes, that'd be nice." He smirked as he asked for your phone number, the other members approaching the van, "I'll text you soon so we can set it up." You smiled as he placed a kiss on your cheek and walked away. You let out a big sigh getting in the van after your friends, "What a night!"