Chapter 17

Astrid waited in the living room, until Sam came. " Hey, did you.......,"Sam began then stopped as he saw Astrid's face. Damn Diana must've opened her big mouth, Sam thought. "Diana said you came to her room in the morning, is this true?" Astrid interrogated. Sam put his hands in his pockets and said,"Yeah." "Why didn't you tell me?" Astrid said now standing up."What she say anyway?" "She didn't say much,"Sam responded. "Now, now Sam that's not true, is it?" Diana declared, who had sneaked out of her room unnoticed. Astrid turned to look at Diana then back to him her face now containing anger. " Tell me the truth, Sam," Astrid said her tone now warning. Sam's face hardened as he snapped,"Fine you want the truth, I got up, heard Diana crying, then I tried to make her feel better but I ended up making her cry even more and as everyone in this damn house knows that she was crying over Caine , and Astrid I don't even know why you're mad at me, it's not my fault that Caine died, you were the one who wanted me to live, anyway. And let's not forget the time where you told me to kill Diana if I had to. And Diana get over Caine already, he's dead and he's never coming back!" Sam finally finished his big speech. He looked at his hands, which were shaking. He took a deep breath then he looked up. Diana's face was unreadable. She seemed mad, yet she also seemed sad, or was she frustrated? Astrid's face was way easier to read. Her cheeks were flushed with anger and shame. Her piercing, beautiful, sky blue eyes, held such menace and hate that Sam had to look away. "Well that was something," Diana said killing the awkward silence. And just like that Diana went back to being her old, provoking self. Sam just kept standing there, as if he was hell bound to that one small wooden floor tile. Astrid seemed to shrink at Diana's voice, as if trying to hide. Finally, Sam no longer hell bound, sprawled on a big recliner sofa. Diana crossed her arms over her chest, her signature look, and said,"Hey are we done with our sorry ass reuinon?" "No we're not."Sam said. "First you have to tell us what you saw in your little episode at the beach." Diana sighed then sauntered over and sat on the couch opposite of Sam. She took a deep breath, then she told them what she saw.