Chapter 40

They drove back home silently. Well, except for the occasional comments, delivered by Caine. As they arrived, Sam boldly told Caine,"Whoa, before you go into my house, Caine, you have to follow my rules." "I'd rather sleep outside if I have to, then follow your damn rules,"Caine said, pissed off. "Have it your way, later!" Sam said and walked inside. Astrid followed Sam inside. She seemed to be scolding Sam for beign so mean to his only brother. Sam just shook his head and shut the door behind him. Diana stood outside glaring at Caine. Caine shrugged and strolled to Diana's car. "You're not sleeping in my car," Diana told Caine. "Fine then, I'll sleep on their porch. I might even leave them a present, on their door step,"Caine grinned. Diana smiled, and stood where she was staring at Caine. Caine now leaned against her car, his arms crossed over his chest, staring at the sky. He sighed and seemed to be relived. He looked peaceful and happy. Diana smiled. It was times like this when she wanted to give him a hug. In fact, she did just that. She walked over to where Caine was and gave him a hug. His eyes widened with surprise, but he hugged her back. They stayed like that for a few minutes, before Caine said, still holding on to Diana, "I missed you, you know that right?" Diana smiled and looked up at him. He was staring down at her, straight into her eyes. "Yeah well, I'm still pissed at you for leaving me." Caine sighed and shot back,"Really, cause last time I remembered, you tried to sacrifice yourself, too" Diana blushed and laid her head on Caine's chest."That's what I thought." Caine said, then grinned. "Just promise me you won't leave me ever again," Diana stated, her eyes holding such authority.Caine looked at her and said,"I promise I won't leave you, as long as you don't lie to me ever again." "It's a deal," Diana said and looked down. Suddenly, Caine leaned down and tipped Diana's head toward his. He looked at her eyes then leaned down, until he felt their lips collide. They kissed slowly, their lips exploring each and every surface. Caine pressed Diana closer to him, until he was practically carrying her in his arms. She kissed him back with more force. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stroked his black, soft hair. They kissed passionately, when everything turned white.