Ch. 46 Miracles Happen

Rachel POV
A couple of months pass by and I noticed something weird happening to me. For about a week I've been feeling nauseous, tired, and I've been eating like I'm back in college.
Danny and I got off work around 5:30. On our way home, I felt so nauseous.

Danny: Baby, what's wrong?
Rachel: Pull over. I need to throw up.
Danny: Okay. Hang on.

Danny pulls over on the side of the road. I unfasten my seat belt and open the car door and I threw up. After about a minute, I was finished.

Danny: You okay baby?
Rachel: I am now.
Danny: Not to be mean, but I've noticed how weird you have been acting.
Rachel: Really?
Danny: Yeah. It's been that way for the couple of weeks.
Rachel: Let me look up to see what could be wrong with me.

I pull out my phone and look up what could be wrong with me. As I was reading, it began to make more and more sense. But at the same time I'm trying not to freak out.

Rachel: Baby, can you stop at CVS for me?
Danny: Sure. Why?
Rachel: I'll explain when we get home.

We stop at CVS and I go inside and get what I needed. Then, we get home and I go upstairs to our room.

Danny: Hey, baby can you tell me what's wrong?
Rachel: Okay. So I looked up what's wrong with me and ummmm........
Danny: It's okay. Just tell me.
Rachel: I could be pregnant.

Danny POV
My reaction was so speechless. We lost the baby we had a year ago and Rachel could be pregnant again.

Danny: Oh baby. This is great.
Rachel: Hold on now. We don't know if I am pregnant or not. I have to take two tests to make sure.
Danny: Go take it.
Rachel: Haha. Okay.

Rachel goes in the bathroom to take the tests. I'm so happy right now. Like there is a chance I'm gonna be dad.

Rachel POV
I go to take the tests and I leave it in there. I come back out of the bathroom.

Danny: So?
Rachel: We have to wait a few minutes.
Danny: Okay.

So we sit down on the bench and it's awkward silence.

Danny: You okay?
Rachel: I'm nervous.
Danny: It's okay to be nervous.
Rachel: What if I'm not pregnant? What if I am pregnant? What if I—

Danny pulls me close to him and kisses my forehead.

Danny: Listen to me, you are gonna be okay. We are gonna be okay. I love you. We just have to pray and have faith.
Rachel: Thanks babe.

A few minutes later, time is up and I get the tests out of the bathroom. I haven't looked at it. I take a deep breath.

Rachel: Ready to see?
Danny: Ready.

I take the tests out of the box. We look at them and we are stocked. And we look back at each other.

Danny: Baby....you're pregnant.
Rachel: OMG!!! I'm pregnant.

We both start crying tears of joy.

Danny: It's a miracle.
Rachel: Yes. We are having a baby.

We needed a moment together. We can't believe this. I'm pregnant. So many emotions going through my body and mind.
The next day, we go to the doctor's office to see if how far along I am and see our baby. We get in the room and the doctor comes in with the results.

Dr. Roberts: Well, you are definitely pregnant and you are a little over 6 weeks along.
Rachel: OMG!! Yay!!
Danny: Haha. So will we be able to see the baby?
Dr. Roberts: Yes you can. So let's get you set up for the ultrasound.

So the doctor sets me up, Danny and I look at the screen waiting to see our baby.

Rachel: Where is the baby? I don't see it.
Dr. Roberts: Actually Mr. and Mrs. Phillips.......you are having twins.
Rachel and Danny: What?!

The doctor turns on the monitor and the doctor has it labeled baby #1 and baby #2.
Looking at it....is incredible.....I have two babies inside me.

Danny: Babe...
Rachel: We are having two miracles.
Danny: Yes we are.
Dr. Roberts: Well, I offer my congratulations to both of you. And here's both heart beats.

The doctor plays the heart beats of the babies and I'm so in love with them.
Then, the doctor prints out the ultrasound pictures of the babies. And we are so excited.
After our appointment, we called all of our family and friends about us expecting twins. Everyone is so excited. They are so happy about this.
We posted it on social media about us expecting.

The internet went nuts

The internet went nuts. We are getting so much love from everyone that is overwhelming. I can't wait for my babies to arrive.