Epilogue

Returning to Midtown Manhattan, a funeral is held for Nathan and Billy with Kyle, Shawn, James, Sarah, Ashley, Walter, Mitchell, Cassandra, Maya, and Alexandria attending as Kyle looks down in regret and sorrow, before Sarah takes his hand.

Sarah: There was nothing you could've done.....

Kyle: Yeah, there was......

After the funeral, Shawn walks up to Kyle.

Shawn: Hey....Sarah, you mind if I burrow Kyle for a moment?

Sarah: Sure....yeah...go ahead...

Sarah walks by, before Kyle and Shawn talk.

Shawn: You okay, man? You didn't say a word about it....

Kyle: when will it end? Nathan....Billy.... when will it end?

Shawn: I don't know.... Nathan and Billy... they were just the beginning.....Barnes will want blood....for Ryder, for his brother...for everything.....are you worried?

Kyle: Why should I? Barnes will do everything in his power to try and destroy this city...these people. He'll find whoever's left of Kronos Industries that tried to kill us......what's left of the Zeus Corps.....He'll try to beat us, using our fear, our emotions, and our anger....our friends....

As Kyle speaks, Ashley returns to the Stahl home and then sits down to mourn the loss of Nathan. In the hospital, Caleb is seen recovering onto his feet. James is seen leaning on the balcony as Cassandra approaches him and holds his hand, before the two then lean close to one another and share a kiss.

Kyle: He'll try to whip you like a beaten dog. He'll try to abuse you in many ways that a monster can. We have to fight that off. Otherwise, we're just as weak as he is...

A tired Barnes runs to the mountains and looks back at the burning Prime Kronos Facility one last time. Walter and Mitchell are seen teaching the younger survivors how to shoot as the two exchange a look of trust.

Kyle: We have to try and live normal lives, Shawn, while we can, but we also have to keep an eye out....Fight for each other, try for each other, and die for each other if necessary. This is now our home....this is how a new world begins.

Alexandria is seen reading the bible with Maya.

Alexandria: "The two of them were running, but the other disciple ran faster than Pe.....

Cassandra walks in the room.

Cassandra: Hey, mom. Maya. Do you mind if I joined you?

Alexandria: Not at all....not at all...

Cassandra sits down with Alexandria and Maya as they join hands.

Kyle: We haven't exactly found ourselves in a world where you can lose yourself, but no matter what....you have to keep trying...