Chapter 16: Assault on Midtown Manhattan

In Midtown Manhattan, Shawn and Catherine are talking.

Shawn: I think we need to come clean.

Catherine: What?

Shawn: Look, if there's any chance of Zeus Corps, finding us here....then we need to tell them...

Catherine: We can't...

Shawn: It's the right thing to do...

Catherine: Shawn, we can't....and the Zeus Corps....they'll be after us....after what I did....

Shawn: You saved Kyle.....you did that...with 80% hesitation...

Catherine: "80% hesitation"? The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Shawn: Means you kinda hesitated to kill that soldier...

Catherine: I did not.

Shawn: That's not the point...the point is....what if they start coming looking for you or us...and we're here....you heard about what happened....days after Barnes...Rick Barnes encountered Dante in the City of the Damned....he tracked him back to the city he was staying in and destroyed it...we can't risk that...we just fucking can't...we have to tell Daniel...and then we have to leave...

Catherine gives a puzzling look as Daniel and Alexandria are seen looking over a map.

Daniel: Okay...this area should be good for quite some time...thanks to the guys...we'll be okay till the summer...

Alexandria: Were you drinking?

Daniel: Honey...

Alexandria: Be honest....

Daniel sighs. Alexandria, appalled, slaps Daniel.

Alexandria: Goddamn you, Daniel.....he was my son too....I loved him, but I'm not going to give up on our daughters! They need us! These people need us!

Daniel: These people need a leader!

Alexandria: You are their leader!

Daniel: I can't be their leader....They have to look up to someone else! They-

Shawn and Catherine walk into the room, before Daniel and Alexandria stop arguing.

Daniel clears his throat.

Daniel: Shawn. Catherine. What can we do for you?

Shawn: Uh...we have to tell you something.

Daniel: What is it?

Shawn: Uh...while we were at the power plant, we encountered Zeus Corps....and we had to kill a couple of Zeus Corps Soldiers....we think that Zeus Corps will come for me and Catherine...

Daniel: What?

Shawn: Daniel, I think you should start evacuating the city. They have technology that can scan faces.....and Catherine saved Kyle by killing a soldier...also their leader had recognized James....A lot of people are going to die if we don't evacuate.

Alexandria: And where do you suggest we go? This is our home. We'll defend it.

Catherine: They'll win, Alexandria. Not to be prudent, but you've already lost one child...and your daughters....they have a life...you must leave in order to give them that....

Kyle, James and Nathan arrive into the room.

James: Shawn, what's going on, man?

Shawn: We need to evacuate the city. We think Zeus Corps might be trying to find us...

Nathan: Us or you? You've been hiding something since you've gotten here.

James: Nathan...

Nathan: I think maybe it's time to come clean.