Chapter 5: Long Trip Ahead

At the Prime Zeus Corps Facility, Ryder is in his office, before uploading files to his holographic laptop. The holograph shows the entire globe, which is now becoming infected with radioactive fluids.

Ryder: We can figure out a solution.....we can.....

Ryder looks inside his drawer to look at a photo of himself and his children. Ryder looks down, before placing the portrait back into his office. Ryder gives a look of sadness and distress to see what he has been reduced to. Back on the road, the RV is stops as the survivors step out as Nathan gives an angered look.

Nathan: Shit!

In front of them, a bridge above them. The truck is on the bridge with its fuel tank hanging, blocking the path of the road.

Nathan: Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! FUCK! FUUUUCK! Fucking fuck!

James: We could try walking.

Nathan: Shut the fuck up, James. No one's walking.

James: I was just-

Billy: Nathan....the kid was just making a suggestion.....we could probably move it....

Ashley: How?

Walter: We could try shooting the tank.

Nathan: That thing's not full of piss and moonshine, Walter. It's filled with gas. Something's that likely to explode.

Billy: You've got to relax yourself, son....this is still a group.

Nathan walks up to Billy.

Nathan: This isn't a fucking thing.

Suddenly, two people on the bridge yell down the survivors, causing Nathan to reach for his pistol.

Beth: Hey, you people keep screaming like that and you're going to draw some unwanted attention!

Caleb: Y'all going to be any trouble? Because we can keep walking.

Kyle: No! We're friendly! 

Kyle turns to Nathan.

Kyle: Put your hand down, Nathan.

Caleb: Yeah, that's what everyone says, but the moment they get a chance to kill you.

Kyle: Yeah, we know.

Beth: Caleb, let's give these guys a break, okay? They don't look like Blood Hogs.

Caleb: Uh-huh.

Beth: You guys got a problem with your RV?

Nathan: Yeah, you're standing in front of it.

Beth: Hey, it's a truck. Not our fault. It's not that bad from up here. Why don't you send tall, black and lanky up to have a look?

Kyle: "Tall, black and lanky"?

Beth: Uh....no offense!

Kyle: None taken, puff ball!

Beth: Okay, that hurt.

Caleb: Told you to straighten your damn hair.

Kyle prepares to walk, but Nathan raises his hand.

Nathan: This goes south, those two die.

Kyle approaches the ladder on the bridge.

Kyle: Just so you know; I am armed so don't try anything.

Caleb: So are we!

Kyle climbs up the ladder as Caleb and Beth are talking.

Beth: We need a bigger group.

Caleb: No. We're doing fine.