Chapter 17: Revelations

At the Prime Kronos Facility, Shawn enters Ryder's office.

Shawn: Ryder.

Ryder: Ah, my boy. My man of the hour. You did it....let me just say that I missed you over the past three months...though we'd lost a good soldier like you....loyal....trustworthy....with respect...

Shawn: Sir....

Ryder: And now that you have completed our objective of apprehending Kyle, we have completed our goal...this company owes you a debt, son and now, it's time to show the world our power.

Shawn: Ryder! Sir....my brother was in that city.....my little brother...the people that Kyle were with...the two girls and their brother....two other men....there were men and women that had families...children...

Ryder: Men and women that killed thousands of my men who had children....Sacrifices have to be made, son...

Shawn: I need to speak to Kyle.

Ryder approaches Shawn.

Ryder: I'm sorry, son...but I have to make an escort with you....after all, the man did kill your father...you're not getting soft on him, are you, son? or for the rest of those wasteland trash, who are nothing but murders, thieves and rapist in disguise?

Shawn: N-no.....No, sir...but what about Catherine, sir? What about her?

Ryder: Well, she killed one of our own saving Kyle.....she has to be punished too....don't worry...I promise you...they will have the best of care...and I promise you we won't kill them.

In a cell, Kyle, beaten and bruised, is electrocuted awake as he screams in pain.

Kyle: Shit!

Kyle looks around to notice that he is in restraints, before noticing Catherine across from him in restraints as well. Barnes appears in the room and sits in front of Kyle.

Barnes: Wakey wakey.....eggs and bakey....Comfy?

Kyle: Fuck you.

Barnes laughs.

Barnes: Same cocky little shit....like I said; (stands up) You're one of us and that's not going to change.

Ryder and Shawn, dressed in his Zeus Corps armor, walks in.

Kyle turns to Shawn.

Kyle: So this is who you were all along? Should've seen it....I should've let Nathan kill you....but I was so goddamned stupid to think....that you could be more of a man than me and your brother thought you were....he may be dead right now, but you don't care...so tell me; how long were you waiting in the shadows to pull the trigger? I guess all our time in the orphanage doesn't matter now, huh?!

Ryder turns to Shawn.

Ryder: Ignore him.

Ryder steps in front of Kyle.

Ryder: Look at you, Kyle.....

Kyle laughs.

Kyle:  Almost three years since I've seen you and you haven't stopped getting tall...but I must say; I'm disappointed in you, Kyle....you ran with the sheep...when you should've stuck with the wolves...you see; the wolves will always win.....I'm sorry; I forget you're my guest. You need anything? A drink?

Kyle: Why? You know I don't drink.....much.

Ryder: Ah...yeah...you don't drink....you're a pure soul as you always said...because you let church and silly little Christian songs toil with your mind....same ol Kyle Desipich...good soldier, but could never always follow orders.