Chapter 2: The Docks

At the Prime Kronos Facility, an memoriam is for Burton and Barnes as Shawn and Catherine are participating. Jack Barnes, Rick Barnes' older brother, who bears a scar on the right side of his face, is standing in his military uniform beside Ryder.

Ryder: Today, we remember a fine general and a strong commander. Before and after, William was my good friend.....and Rick Barnes was one hell of a brave soldier....one of the brave few that....are still attempting to make the world a better place after.

After the memoriam, Shawn is with other soldiers and new recruits while Barnes is preparing to give a speech.

Barnes: You are not in Oz anymore...This is the wasteland, ladies and gentlemen. Know and respect that, every day for the rest of your life. If you have just been in heaven or hell, you may want to go there for vacation or downtime, after a tour in the wasteland, but this shouldn't be new to you to all you fresh bloods...In here, consider yourself lucky, but out there beyond our safe haven, anything that's part of a gang, shoots or isn't human wants either two things....to kill you slowly or painfully or to bend you over and fuck you slowly, while you beg for mercy....This is now the only Kronos Industries Facility left on the planet, and as head of this facility, it is my job and duty to make sure you all stay alive....but the truth is.....I won't succeed....not with most of you. If you want to learn to survive the ways of the Wasteland, how to survive, you've got to obey the rules...The Wasteland and Kronos Industries Rules...First things first... a train carrying a machine called the Oasis was scheduled to arrive here at this station yesterday at 02:15 PM....it never made it....it was destroyed by some unusual wastelanders.....We've got some reports of most of the wasteland group that had attacked us were killed by whatever dangers recurred to them...From what we've heard, there were eight Wasteland survivors that managed to escape the Washington Facility. The Wasteland survivors are dangerous and must be hunted down. They are led by Nathan Stahl and Kyle Desipich, who was a former Zeus Corps soldier, but he betrayed our Kronos nation for the wastelanders.

Shawn: Kyle.....

After the meeting, Shawn is walking through the crowded halls before a young African American man is seen calling to him.

Mark: Shawn! Hey, Shawn!

Shawn turns his head and is greeted by Mark.

Shawn: Mark!

Mark and Shawn give a brotherly handshake.

Shawn: Hey, man!

Mark: Hey! Heard you were back! Guess you heard....

Shawn: Yeah....

Mark: Hey, man....I'm...uh....I'm sorry about your dad....he was a good man and a good leader......it's a shame.....looked up to him....

Shawn: Yeah, it was.....Dad and I.....we had a good relationship....

Mark: But you believe it, man?....Kyle Desipich! Can't believe that dude went AWOL.

Shawn: I know.....unbelievable...I was his friend, you know?

Mark: Yeah....that's right. You two were tight back when y'all were kids....my bad, bro...you think he's the one who killed your Dad?

Shawn: Mark.....I don't fucking know....I just came here to bury my dad....

Suddenly, a soldier wearing a bandana approaches Shawn.

Leonard: Sergeant Shawn Burton?

Shawn: Yeah?

Leonard: Corporal Stan Leonard. Administrator Ryder would like to speak to you.

Leonard escorts Shawn though the main hall as Shawn notices a giant aquarium.

Shawn: That is one big ass fish tank.