Chapter 14: Sorrow Songs

At the Prime Kronos Facility, Ryder and Barnes are talking.

Ryder: How do you feel?

Barnes: Like a fucking one-man army.

Ryder: Good.....we need to recover a Xyphan power core at one of our abandoned power plant in the north....time to put that serum to the test.....

Barnes: Oh....Xyphan Power Core....that's going to be too easy......especially with these kind of tricks....

Barnes cracks his neck, before Barnes gets dressed into his armor, before stepping into a Sphinx aircraft where Brock and Jackal are also present.

Brock: How you feelin, Commander?

Barnes: Like a motherfuckin beast....

The Sphinx takes off from the airfield. Meanwhile, at the abandoned Kronos Power Plant, Kyle, Shawn, Nathan, James, Billy, Sarah, Ashley, Beth, Caleb, Walter, Ricardo, Catherine and Cassandra examine the plant.

Catherine: Shit....I've forgotten that there's still abandoned places like this....either power went out or someone better took over....

Nathan: Okay....let's make this quick....Cassandra....Ashley...you stay in the RV with Billy..

Cassandra: Why me?

Nathan: It's just-

Cassandra: I can handle myself...

Nathan: I just need someone to help Ashley keep an eye on the RV....okay? All right...everyone....let's go...

Ashley and Cassandra stay behind to guard the RV while everyone else walks towards the Power Plant.

Shawn: Anyone else feelin nervous?

Nathan: Hey, boy scout, you want to stay and help the girls with the RV; be my guest.

Shawn: Just saying....we should've known that place was infested...

Nathan: Yeah, we should've...maybe Eli...maybe Blake would be alive right now...but.....fuck it...

Kyle walks with Sarah.

Kyle: You okay?

Sarah: Yeah, it's just.....Blake....he wanted to be with me and I just....I just kept blowing him off....he wasn't like Thomas, you know? He was a nice guy, but-but I just didn't want to give him a chance I should've...I feel....I feel guilty like I caused this....

Kyle: Stop. Okay....he wouldn't want you blaming yourself....it wasn't your fault...what happened to Blake and Eli....we didn't want it to happen, but...we knew not everyone was going to make it back...

Sarah: How do we tell Daniel about Blake? Alexandria? Maya? Cassandra....she...she-

Kyle: We'll burn that bridge when we get there.

The survivor search through the abandoned power plant facility, travelling deeper and eventually reaching the computers as James examines the computer.

James: Hmm....looks like someone managed to set up some kind of com link....that's weird...they halfway through the power cycle....Maybe, Mr. Jax can locate a power core for us...

Mr. Jax decloaks, before releasing a cord that plugs into the computer, downloading what remains in the computer and presenting a holograph of the power plant facility, locating a power core.

Kyle: Looks like our power core's in the central control room....I'll go get it.

Nathan: I'll back you up.

Shawn: Catherine and me will tag along too.

Nathan: All right...the rest of y'all stay here.

Kyle, Shawn, Nathan and Catherine depart as James, Sarah, Ricardo, Walter, Caleb and Beth stay behind. Kyle, Shawn, Nathan and Catherine break into the central control building as they turn their flashlights on and begin searching the perimeter.