Chapter 20: For what's to come

In the ruins of Arizona, Shawn, James, Billy, Mitchell and Mark step off their dirt bikes.

Mitchell: You sure we should've came all the way out here in Arizona, first?

Shawn: Yeah....why you so cautious?

Mitchell: Because of that.

Mitchell points to a decayed human corpse hanging from the light pole.

Mark: Oh, shit.

Shawn: It's just some guy hanging from a light pole so what?

Mitchell: That means the locals that are here are not friendly.

Shawn: Hey, doesn't hurt to try.

Mitchell: If you say so....I just don't want to be captured and skinned alive.

Shawn, James, Billy, Mark and Mitchell search the city for survivors as Shawn speaks to James.

Shawn: What you did in Midtown Manhattan; standing up for me....you didn't have to do that.

James: You're my brother, Shawn....what else was I going to do? Let Nathan pull the trigger?

Billy: Shawn...

Shawn turns as Billy signals Shawn to come to him.

Billy: What did you mean by if these people won't follow you, they won't follow Nathan.

Shawn: Nathan's an asshole who thinks he should automatically be leader. I've ran into guys like that. Guys like that end up getting their whole group killed.

Billy: Well, these people do expect someone to lead the charge against Kronos.....against Zeus Corps....who do you suggest we pick for that?

Before Shawn can answer, he notices a Blood Hog with a rifle aimed at the group while more Blood Hog step out with weapons aimed at the group.

Mark: What's the plan, Shawn?

Shawn: Hold your fire.

The Blood Hog Leader of Arizona, Rocket, steps out.

Rocket: You assholes had better have a good explanation on why you're trespassin...

Shawn: You Rocket?

Rocket: Who wants to know?

Shawn: Shawn Burton....We didn't come to loot.

Rocket: Then what?

Shawn: We came here because we need your help....

Rocket: A wastelander asking the Blood Hogs for help....isn't that surprising? I'm listening.

Shawn: We're recruiting people for a fight......a fight against Kronos...

The Blood Hogs laugh in disbelief.

Rocket: Kronos? My man, you're either psychotic or stupid....anyone man enough to take on Kronos is signing their own death certificate straight to hell.

Billy: we're already in hell.....but we can make it a heaven without Kronos....

Shawn: That's what we're here for....to ask you to come fight. Not only for us, but for a better world.

Rocket: What would we get out of it?

Shawn: We're low on caps.....but we can promise you one thing; a future.

Rocket: They haven't bothering out cities for years.

James: but they eventually will find you all.....and make you there slaves or kill you...I can't promise you'll be paid for this, but we can promise you one thing you'll get; a future....for your people....your pride...for yourself....