Chapter 22 (part 3): The Sleeping boy

Start from the beginning

Her affirmation was dumbfounding.

"His dream was to live in a castle, he might be seriously affected by that kid comatose."

My brother matured something I'd never bet on.

"Yeah, so I'll take the lead from now. Why were you even in front of me?"

She only remarked it now.

"Just left you in the room when you were looking for makeup to paint my face."

She realized that I just left her. As if she cared, she was used to that.

"Anyway, follow me because it's not anywhere near the village."

...

"That was quite a long journey"

I exclaimed as a cute but enormous cabin came to view.

"Yeah, you can say that."

An out of breath queen, exclaimed. The tree was her only support as it supported her whole weight. I linked my arm with hers and dragged the body towards the magnificent dwelling. We could say that as the actual house was perched in the threes, yes not one but in many threes. But the wooden stairs sublimated the whole as it encircled many many threes before reaching its home.

I was in front of the first step to his hideout and didn't dare to step a foot on it. Ritha sighed and started to dirty the wood with her muddy shoes.

"What are you staring at? Let's just go in!!"

Her words were followed by the sound of her shoes colliding with the wood.

It took me bit of time before arriving at the door and it took her also a while for Ritha before she could catch up.

I was standing there like a lost kid, I was going to see my brother for the first time after mom's funeral. The knot in my stomach intensified but I was ready to knock. However, the door opened on its own and here he was, still looking the same.

If Ritha thought that my body was beating the aging process then aging should not exist in his dictionary.

Eos looked the same but his chocolate hair got longer and messier, a beard grew without him knowing and at least, his ocean and amber eyes still sparkled like they used to.

He got me out of my thoughts when his gigantic arms engulfed me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Iris. Never thought I'd ever see you again."

His voice was deeper, was that even possible.

"Thought the same."

I tried to get the tension down as much as I could. However, this task was successfully taken by the lady behind me.

"Water... Please. By the- sorry to interrupt your so touching meeting but I'm dying."

After her plea, we all entered into what seemed like his leaving room. The wood was different inside, it was a whiskey colored one with all its imperfections showing under the varnish that made the room glow.

Four pillars were placed in the center and formed a small square. It was where the inside stairs implied that there were more than one floor.

"Here, sit down; I'll bring some coffee-"

He disturbed my analysis so I did the same to his host speech.

"No need, we need to talk now."

My words were firmly said as I didn't want to lose any more time.

"So friends, you two need to talk and I need water. Hence, you shall while I help myself."

She got up and honored her words before turning around.

"Where is the k-"

Her question was interrupted by the answer she was seeking.

"First floor and first door on your left you'll find the kitchen."

Eos said, it was followed by a small thanks and she disappeared behind the stairs.

"So dear sister what brought you here?"

The sofa sunk in as his sentence finished. I turned toward his new location and said why I was here.

"The prophecy, it's happening. Serah found a lost she-wolf in the hood and her scent started to change. I think I was wrong to try to let her out of our world because that same world found her back but she can't protect herself from-"

My ranting stopped as Eos cupped my cheeks and planted his gaze right toward my own.

"Speak slowly and breath. So where is she now?"

This simple attention was enough for me to calm down.

"A werewolves pack, not that far from home."

I didn't really know but I knew she was safe and that was all that mattered.

"Your little girl is well trained, she could even become a royal guard and all of this with her human self. She grew into a strong and independent woman. You shouldn't worry too much."

He was right but it didn't settle me down.

"I know they are looking for her and she is less lycan than me! How could she protect herself?"

That was right, mom warned me. "If we know about the prophecy so do our enemy". My outburst didn't phase him at all as if I was totally wrong.

"You are right but she will be mated to a werewolf. Something that never happened and he will bring out her true nature. At that time, she'll be as powerful as dad and she'll be the one to protect us."

It made sense, all he said made sense but how could she find a mate.

"About her mate, how could she find him? She won't recognize him!"

All of this was a mess. Why did my baby have to be a part of this?

"If she can't, her mate will and personally, I think that she might have already found him in the pack."

He replied to my worries calmly and was always right but not this time.

"What about Kevin? His eyes turned Amber not like us but like dad. Don't you think that they are mates? And they were always attracted to each other."

He processed my words and tried to come up with something more coherent than my rantings.

"They might as they might not be mates and if they are, we cannot do anything about it."

He was starting to scare me.

"Can I see him?"

Will the kid be alright? If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be like this.

He nodded and led me upstairs, I wasn't contemplating the place anymore. The simple thought of Kevin made me depressed, he was a good kid, I didn't like him near my daughter because he was a werewolf but deep down I knew he'll end up as my son in law.

We arrived in front of his door and I abruptly opened as if it could wake him up.

But to my surprise, Ritha was already sitten on the one sized bed where he was laying like a corpse. The Queen didn't budge at all even when I got closer enough to put my hand gently on her shoulder.

Tears gathered in her eyes not falling yet. She caressed his white face delicately.

"Will my nephew wake up?"

Her demand was desperate as if her request was impossible.
Eos came towards us not leaving the boy out of his vision.

"Not anytime soon but he will. I can guarantee that."

All he said was enough to bring back the hope we lost deep in ourselves.

If Kevin woke up, I shouldn't worry about Serah.