Chapter 20: "You'll find out soon"

Start from the beginning

"Salina" a voice calls in the distance.

I already knew it was Dominic before I turned around. He jogs up to me pulling me into a long hug.

"What are you eating?" He examines the food truck.

I showed him my plate and put a piece of the chicken up to his lips. He bites into it taking the food from my hand.

"This is good" He spoke with his mouth full of food.

I noticed that everyone at the food court area of this part of town was staring at us. Some were shocked while others were smiling. Whispers filled the whole area.

"I thought he reject her"

"Are they really mates?"

"She's pretty"

"Is that the Luna?"

"I thought he didn't want her?"

"What's going on?" Dominic asked me confused.

"I'll tell you later. Why were you looking for me?" I asked.

"I found something about Candis. Let's go somewhere quiet" he respond.

I turn to Amora but she was already busy talking to Marcus. Dominic and I walked side by side out of the area. He was eating the food that was supposed to be my lunch.

"Why aren't you hungry?" He questioned as we got to the parking lot.

"I don't feel well"

He opens the door for me helping me into his car. On our way back to our house, he was telling me how I should go and see a pack doctor. I refused immediately. There was no time for this. The wicked witch of the land was arriving soon.

"What did you find about Candis?" I asked once we got home.

"She is connected to my mother" Dominic began.

"Ew, like romantically?" I interrupt him shuddering from the thought.

"Absolutely not. It's like their soul is connected. Diane did a ritual that connected them together. Witches use this ritual for reincarnation or for manipulation. If Diane dies, Candies dies as well because the ritual is not complete" He discloses with excitement.

"You are way too excited about this" I giggle.

"We're finally getting somewhere!" He exclaimed. "Let's go get ready"

Dominic wore a black cotton dress shirt and black pants. As he button up his shirt, he turn to me.

"Do you still feel sick?"

"No" I lied.

"Stop lying"

"What if we drug her food?" I changed the subject.

"We agreed to a hearing"

"That will be plan B" I mutter and followed behind him down the stairs of the house.