Boom Town Pt. 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That'd be nice,"

"And, I mean, if the TARDIS can't leave until morning, we could go to a hotel, spend the night. I mean, if you want to. I've got some money,"

"Okay, yeah,"

"Is that all right?"

"Yeah,"

"Cool. There's a couple of bars around here. We should give them a go. Do you have to go and tell him?"

"It's none of his business,"

***

The Doctor watched Mickey and Rose on the scanner.

"So, what's on?" Tiaalen voiced as she walked over with Jack.

"Nothing, just," The Doctor said as he turned off the screen.

"I gather it's not always like this, having to wait." Margaret quipped "I bet you're always the first to leave, Doctor. Never mind the consequences, off you go. You butchered my family and then ran for the stars, am I right? But not this time. At least you have consequences. How does it feel?"

"I didn't butcher them,"

"Don't answer back. That's what she wants," Jack told the Doctor as he placed a hand on Tia to ensure she didn't lash out.

"I didn't. What about you? You had an emergency teleport. You didn't zap them to safety, did you?"

"It only carries one." Margaret argued "I had to fly without coordinates. I ended up on a skip in the Isle of Dogs. It wasn't funny,"

"Sorry. It is a bit funny,"

"Do I get a last request?"

The Doctor looked at Tiaalen who only continued to glare at Margaret "Depends what it is,"

"I grew quite fond of my little human life. All those rituals. The brushing of the teeth, and the complicated way they cook things. There's a little restaurant just around the Bay. It became quite a favorite of mine,"

"Is that what you want, the last meal?"

"Don't I have rights?"

"Oh, like she's not going to try to escape," Tia hissed

"Except I can never escape the Doctor, so where's the danger? I wonder if you could do it? To sit with a creature you're about to kill and take supper. How strong is your stomach?"

"Strong enough," The Doctor stated

"I wonder. I've seen you fight your enemies, now dine with them,"

"You won't change my mind,"

"Prove it,"

The Doctor looked over at Tiaalen "There are people out there. If you slip away just for one second, they'll be in danger,"

Tia looked away as all gazes went on her.

"Except I've got these." Jack held up two bangles "You both wear one. If she moves more than ten feet away, she gets zapped by ten thousand volts,"

"Margaret," The Doctor said turning towards her "would you like to come out to dinner? My treat,"

"Dinner in bondage. Works for me," Margaret replied

The Doctor turned to Tiaalen.

Jack placed an arm around the girl's shoulder "I've got her,"

The Doctor's gaze only hardened as he led Margaret out of the TARDIS. Once the Doctor was out of the TARDIS, Jack turned to Tiaalen.

"And here I thought they'd never leave,"

Tiaalen moved towards the console so she could work on the extrapolator.

"Ok, what's going on? We haven't fully talked since I first got on this ship and even when we do it's just snippets..."

"Jack..." Tia began as she didn't move her gaze away from the console.

Jack moved Tiaalen from the console so she was forced to look up at him "No. Don't Jack me. We're a team now Tia and I understand your trust issues ever since the clone troopers and Darth Vader killed off the remaining Jedi. But you have to know, that I would never betray you like that..."

"It has nothing to do with that! I trust you, Jack, I trust you, the Doctor, and Rose,"

"Then tell me,"

"It's complicated!"

"Tia in order for me to help I need you to open up, maybe not all the way but just enough so that..." Jack was interrupted as Tiaalen crashed her lips against his. He was startled backward until he hit the guardrail and Tiaalen stopped.

"Like I said...complicated," Tia breathed

"Was that your first kiss?"

Tiaalen rolled her eyes "Forget it..." she moved to leave but Jack grabbed her arm and twirled her back around and kissed her. This time Tiaalen's mind didn't drift towards the order, but rather focused on the now.