Chapter LXV: Prom?

Start from the beginning

"Who is 'us'?"

"Me, Mom, Dad, Autumn, Winter, and Giphy." 

"But I hate the ocean... It sucks dick." 

"That's the best part." She ran off afterward, leaving me in shock at the fact that someone so small can be so evil. "You suck dick too!" She giggled, running past my mom. "Watch your fucking mouth, we don't curse in this god damn household!" My mom unsurprisingly yelled, attempting to scold her behavior... but failed miserably.

I shut my room door and flopped onto my bed, looking at the ceiling. 

How am I supposed to pull this off? 

It has to be creative, I can't ask Louis or the rest of the group, I can't just write a little note, it has to be a grand gesture. Something that would fit me. What would I normally do? I mean, I've asked someone to prom before and of course, they said yes, but Clementine is different. She's special and I love her, So it has to be unique.

My phone buzzed and guess who was texting me. 

Clementine. 

-----------------

Tangerine: I miss you. 

Tangerine: Can you come over? 

Me: I just left you, lmfao.

Tangerine: Doesn't mean I don't miss you... I wanna cuddle.

Me: Got any Wasabi peas?

Tangerine: Yeah, Lee is hooked on those.

Me: Then I'll be over in ten.

Tangerine: See you soon. I love you.

Me: I'm only coming over for the peas.

Tangerine: Yeah, okay. As if you would miss out on an opportunity to cuddle me.

Me: You know me too well. I love you too. I'll be over in a little bit. 

-----------------------------

I locked my phone and continued my thinking journey. 

She likes to cuddle... she likes... bears and shit... she likes colors... the school is having a prom assembly... Romantic gestures... 

Uhhhh, my brain is working...

Assembly, colorful poster, microphone, teddy bears... uh...

Make a poster, buy her a huge teddy bear... Violet's... the microphone... I need that... I need something to ask her. 

Shit.

--------------------------------

I knocked on Clementine's door, hearing the loud tv pause in the living room, my bag with my change of clothes, toothbrush, and whatever I need for my hair just weighing down on my shoulder.

The door unlocked, and I began to pray that it wasn't Lee because that would be awkward as hell. 

It was Lee. 

"Hey, Violet." Lee pulled me in for a bear hug. "Hey, Mr.Everett... How's life?" I created a basic conversation with him, praying for Clementine to come and save me. "Well, life is great, Ms.Adlon. How about you?" 

"It's good... Grades are looking good and I got some offers from a shit ton of colleges." I shrug my shoulders, opening my phone to tell Clementine that I was downstairs. 

"A shit ton? Like what? 5? 10? 15?" 

"Well... I got 6 from Ericson... and probably 3 from Georgia State... all scholarships."