vi

"Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream"

"Row, row, row your boat,Gently down the stream"

♤♤♤

Mio could not help but look to her teammates as the boat cut through the dark water.

With her back uncomfortably cutting against metal boats rim, she watched as they bickered and laughted. Her body felt numb, like it was missing something, it was an irritable sensation. 'Is this what I would have been like if it weren't for the root?'

It was only Kakashi who noticed her ominous staring. From behind the pages of his explicit book he would watch her untrustingly. Her eyes, to him, never showed and glint if light. Only darkness was seen.

After a few more minutes the boat docked on a rocky shore. Quietly everyone stepped out into the swirling fog. They had successfully made it to the hidden mist. True to its name the place was full of mist and fog. An assassin's dream.

They crept along the path, weary of enemies. Something didn't feel right.

It was then that Naruto threw a shuriken into the trees. He was so confident until the bushes were pulled back, revealing that the supposed enemy he found was a white haired rabbit.

Mio impatiently took to walking ahead of everyone yet again. If they were going to be foolish and walk slow they could do it without her. As she walked Mio could hear the laughs towards to Naruto behind her.

She stopped by a few feet away from a large tree, her stomach twisted. Something bad was going to happen. Then from behind her, Mio heard Kakashi yell to get down. Defiantly she stood her ground as a large blade whizzed past her head. The blade slightly nicked her cheek, leaving behind a long bloody line.

Her cold fingertips dabbed at the new wound, sticky blood stuck to her pale skin. It hurt.

Mio watched as from within the mist emerged the infamous Zabuza, one of the infamous swords men of the mist, and wielder of the executioners blade. He was strong. He was the type of person Mio wanted to fight against.

Kakashi's faint voice instructing her team faded out from her ears. The world seem to melt away until it was only her, and her claimed opponent.

"Fight me" she rasps. A long katana held in her hand. Its blade was an ivory black, gleaming like obsidian. The hilt had golden fabric woven over it and a few bells dangled from the hole at the end.

From her eyes everything seemed rounded. Like looking through a doors peephole. It was a staggering feeling that came along with it. Not anger, but a state of numbness where even the wound on her cheek was felt anymore. It her getting ready for battle, to ride or die.

She grasped the swords Handel tightly, the obsidian blade was on her at all times, its almost twin sister blade too. They were Hitoshi's and by his death she took them as hers. A reminder of what she has become. Monster.

It was not always that she choose to use them, after all she was reckless and if they got lost she'd freak out. So most of the time they stay housed within the small scroll strapped to her leg. This battle was special however, fighting such a great swordsman she felt the need to flaunt her own precious blade.

Yet Zabuza obly seemed to look at her mockingly. She was a child, and a wounded one at that. Though, if she wanted to throw her life away, who was he to stop?

Mio readied her blade as his much larger one came crashing down towards her. As the metal met a familiar scratching noise was heard. Her wounds from her last mission were still fresh. They yelled at her to stop, a few spitting blood in opposition.

With a wince Mio used all her strength to push his blade back. She could block one those swings again and that was if she was lucky, one wrong move and all her wounds would pop her open like a jar.

Some times she really hated her bodily vessel. It never seemed to be strong enough to contain her rage or last in those longer battles. As much as she hated to admit, in lots of fighting situations she was still too young which infuriated her all the more.

As he swung at her again Mio rolled to the left and dodged. Zabuza's blade became wedged in the ground and it gave her a second to punch his side. His armored side at that.

Her fist which was incased with chakra had limply dangling fingers. It seems that punch broke her fingers. It was worth it though, a fair play as she heard the crack of his ribs snap too.

"I'll give you something kid, you've got guts" he smirked at her from behind a wrapped face.

She nodded back and shook her shattered hand. Her body felt numb from the pulsating adrenalin.

"Tap out and give Copy Cat a try".

She turned to look behind her, her squad all seemed to be watching her, judging her abilities.

His statement lit a fire in her eyes. Mio's chakra spiked as did her anger, "why dont you finish with me, kid".

Zabuza growled as she mocked him. His blade swung faster and closer to her everytime she dodged. It wasn't long until Kakashi stepped in, dealing him into a water trapping jutsu until he died.

Mio watched angrily as a ninja came to dispose of the body. It was then that Kakashi passed out. With an unsatisfied anger Mio followed the group a distance back as they walked to Tanza's home. Kakashi limply passed out on both Sasuke and Naruto's shoulders.

_

Hope you enjoyed it. I felt like updating lol.

Not edited.

Thanks for reads, votes and comments! I have posted a new book too, so read it if you feel like it.

Byeee~