xiii

"Be careful"

♤♤

Mio looked to her left as the ice mirrored cage Sasuke was trapped in seemingly shattered. It exposed a confident, yet poised Haku, furious Naruto and seemingly dead Sasuke.

Kakashi fought with Zabuza, very occupied. The grown man was all but a blurr in the heavy fog.

Not knowing what else to do a distressed Mio along with Sakura ran to their dead teammate. He laid on his back and had multiple needles sticking from him like a porcupine.

"Hey" Mio kicked Sauske's side, "get up dweeb". God, she didn't want to respond that way, jabbing her foot into him like that. To be so cold, so mean, but she had to protect herself. She was taught not to feel and it was lesson not easily un-learned.

"Sasuke" Sakura's lip quivered and she dropped to the fallen boys side. "Please wake up". She fell into a jagged string of sobs. Her fist clenched on his still chest.

Neither of the girls could shake Sasuke awake. He was dead. A course still lukewarm with life.

Mio didn't know to feel. The world seemed to spin around her and a dizzy feeling over took her. Exhasperated she fell to her knees beside Sasuke. Why did he have suck an affect on her?

Her hand reached down to take his. It was slightly clammy. He reminded her of Hitoshi. Her bestfriend whom she murdered.

Why did everyone she hold dear die. Hitoshi, Sasuke, her family. Mio had always believed she carried a reaping curse or distraught because everywhere she went, misery followed.

With shaking hands she found little comfort in pulling the needles out of his body. Every needle less made him seem a bit more alive. Sure, the lines of blood still drizzled down from the wounds, but now the boy looked only unconcious, or so she continued to tell herself.

She looked down to her trembling fingers. The red tint of glossy blood ran in the skins tiny creases. This was his blood.

Oh, who was she kidding. With a clench fist she hit the stone ground. He was dead, a soulless corpse, what was the use of pretending he was alive? It was only weakness.

Mio's mind reeled, spiraling down into a dark hole. That stagnant sadness turned into a rabid anger. The boy, Haku, he was killer. Sasuke was dead because of him.

She stood robotically. She was a killer too and now she would kill Haku.

The rest of the battle was a blurr for Mio. Her mind once again faded away trowing any common sense to the wolves and relying solely on her floating bloodlust. There was a singular phrase that echoed inside her; blood for blood. . .  blood for blood.  . .  blood for blood.

She was a broken record, stuck.

The girl ran into the heavy fog, somewhere inside it was Kakashi, Zabuza and now Naruto. A growl rumbled in her chest like thunder as she caught sight of her target. Though, before she could pounce on the prey he teleported away.

Haku re-appeared in front of Zabuza, blocking Kakashi's chirping chidori from hollowing out his master. Blood dripped down from his opened mouth before he slowly faded into death.

It was a quick death. An honorable death.

Kakashi pulled his hand out alarmed. The battle field seemed to go quiet. A child had died and even Zabuza took a moment to mourn.

It was in that moment that the legendary swordsman of the mist gave up. He was willing to give into death too. The duo had lived for each other, a tight friendship which neither saught to end. Yet here they were fading away.

Mio was angrier than ever. Her kill was stolen and a blood made debt needed to be paid back.

Then, a crowd of armed men lead by a short man stepped into view. He spoke of how he hired Zabuza to kill the bridge builder and now that the task was undone everyone had to die.

The short moment of mourning had ended and the hectic battle reconvened, this time with Zabuza leading. The highly damaged man held a kunai in his mouth and dove into the sea of men.

Mio ran forwards to join in the bloodbath, but Kakashi caught sight of her and hauled her back by her shirt collar.

"Not so fast" he spun her around to look at her, "we have to talk about what you did earlier, that wasn't okay. You can't just blindly run into a fight" his beginning lecture stopped as he met her eyes.

They were so cold and dark. It reminded him of a corpses. This was the first time he really questioned it, but who was Mio exactally and what made her this way?

×

Enjoy the new update!

I should be asleep but I drank caffeineeee!

Anyways thanks for the reads and votes and comments❤❤

I'm going to try and sleep I guess because it's low key real late 😓😴