¹3

🌟

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐢𝐧?" Mio whispered, peeking her head out around a stoney corner

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐢𝐧?" Mio whispered, peeking her head out around a stoney corner. The hideouts exit was in sight, yet the ginger leader was no where to be seen to stop them.

The male beside her rolled his eyes, she really hadn't paid any attention. "He's gone on a short mission".

He could see the gears of her mind rotating, "Focus" Itachi hissed, the red glint of his sharingan igniting like rubys in the shadows.

A short hiss slid from her lips as their heads moved to focus back on the exit.

"Go" he whispered, strands of his shadow silk hair slipping from over his sholder. "I'll take care of everything here".

A brief flash of sadness flooded her eyes. "Hm" she nodded, determined. She would escape and get her eyes back.

Itachi sighed, caving in, he couldn't just let her go like that "-wait" he spoke quiet with a sence of urgency. His eyes bore into her soul, they were  back to the color of ash- the color of death.

"Mio, this will be the last time you see me" he hesitated for a moment, "goodbye" the Uchiha male lent towards her, hand reaching out to poke her forehead as he did to Sasuke many times before. His form wirled away, a quiet 'sorry' washed away with him.

With a long face Mio turned back to the hideouts exit, dashing forwards. She swallowed hard, the kunoichi knew what was comming and exactly what Itachi ment.

The ravenette breathed in the outside air, leaning on a thick trunked tree. She choked on the nights silence, feeling a sense of loss.

All to quickly she had once again leaped into the woods shadows on her sure path to Konoha.

-

Sasuke Uchiha shook the grappling hold of Karin from his arm. The appendage ached from her deathly grip trying to drag him down to her fiery depths.

"Hurry up" he yelled with anger, landing heavy on a branch before shooting off again.

Behind him Suigetsu sighed tiredly. For a week or two he had watched the Uchiha's slow descent. Now everything seemed to piss the raven haired man off- even breathing.

Still, the light haired man was smart and stayed quiet. He would rather not be on the end of the Uchiha's blade.

A humanoid shadow surfed through the trees in front of team Taka. Sasuke, the usual stotic male faltered for a second, his foot slipping causing him to tumble to the forest floor.

He could swear that was Mio just now, a whisper in the woods. Her name fell from the Uchiha's tongue in a hushed whisper.

"Sasuke?" Karin drawled, dropping from her branch to grasp the man in a hug. The red head waited for him to push her away but the moment never came, in sweet bliss she took a deep breath absorbing the glorious moment.

All too fast her moment ended, Sasuke grunting ripping her off. "Change of plans" his cold demeanor had returned, but all three of his companions could tell he had changed.

"-follow that shadow" he finished, pushing his raven locks out of his sight and springing forth. Sasuke's legs ached, muscles burning and lungs squeezing tighter with every gasp. Yet still he would push on, even leaving team Taka in the dust.

Gasping for air the male collapsed to the mossy earth, sitting on his knees, on the very tips of his fingers grazed the cool ground. His ruby red orbs caught sight of the euphoric beauty- Mio.

The ravenette kneeled by a small stream, splashing handfuls of water onto her face, a visible shiver wracked her body from the icy liquid. She had yet to notice him.

"Mio" Sasuke heaved, still at a loss for air. He watched as her shoulders tensed at his call, head slowly tilting to face him. Those cobblestone grey eyes bore into him.

No words floated from her lips as she mouthed a repeated phrase, 'you aren't real'. Slowly the kunoichi's eyes slid closed, the shadows of her lashes washing down her face.

On quivering legs Sasuke stood, shuffling over only to drop down next to her. His hand took hold of her wrist, pulling it to rest against his bare chest.

Under her palm she could feel it, his erratic, pounding heart, it seemed almost real. Hesitantly Mio peeked her eyes open, mouth parting. Sasuke looked so real, she could see every strand of his hair and slight wrinkle in his skin.

Though this couldn't be real, it was just her mind playing games.

"It's me, I promise" he whispered. In that moment they strayed far from themselves, their character calming from a usual untamed fury.

The breath caught in the ravenette's throat, her heart skipping a beat. Her strong facade had faltered, eyes softening- melting into sadness and relief. Their gaze locked in a stare so heartfelt it could almost break the bonds of time and leave then tumbling through eternity exactly as they were.

"Sasuke?" She murmered, brows drawing together as her conciousness shone through a lovesick haze.

Wordlessly the Uchiha in front of her nodded.

"Sasuke!" She snarled, ripping her hand free to grab his head and slam it into the rivers icy water. He gurgled, hands clawing at the rocky bank. In a second she had pulled him out, pushing him away from her.

The male blinked alarmed, droplets of water wetting his shirt. Stunning all he could was stare as the fierce  kunoichi left him in the dust.

×

There will be more Mio×Sasuke in the next chapter- promise. This is unedited, but please enjoy lovelies! What would you guys rather me update next, this book or one of the others?