xiv

"Yep,
She's dead"

"Yep, She's dead"

♤♤♤

Zabuza was dead. The man fought valiantly towards the end, yet, he still succumbed to the inevitability of death.

Sasuke however, was surprising alive. Very, very alive.

Shortly after the building sight cleared out, with the battle over and fog dissipated, the raven haired boy awoke. Safe to say he was confused when he first opened his eyes. After being filled in the boy was okay, but slightly angry like always. He, felt inadequately weak.

Now the squad walked back to Tanzua's house in the looming dusk. For once, Mio walked slowly and far behind the rest. With exception to Sasuke who limped beside her.

His alive state still seemed to surprise her. She was so sure he had died, a hundred needles pointing from his skin. Yet, he was only just deeply unconcious the whole time.

"I heard you cried over me" the boy spoke with a growing smirk. His voice collided with the airy silence.

Mio scoffed "you heard wrong. I don't cry, that was Sakura". She crossed her arms before soon uncrossing them again.

They faded into silence, his smirk dropping into a small frown.

She then opened her mouth to speak again, "I was going to kill for you".

His response was hesitated "hm".

"Blood for blood" the words licked her tongue like a blade. Each letter dripping with a bubbling darkness.

Sasuke looked over at her and saw as her hands curled into fists. "I don't need your protection".

"I protect my friends" her words were to fast to stop from falling out. They were true, but never ment to hit listening ears.

The smirk returned, "so we're your friends".

Mio looked at him with a short glare "no, you. You are my friend. Not anyone else".

He nodded and stuff his hands in his pockets, slouching forwards slightly. That made him feel proud in an unexplainable sort of way.

"You helped me" she looked down to her hand "you didn't have to, but you did. It was weak".

"Friendship is weakness. I don't need friends" his words were cold. People would only get in the way of his vengence.