viii

Double update for this book
Because I'm on a roll!
×
"Don't look at me
I'm a beast"

Double update for this bookBecause I'm on a roll!×"Don't look at meI'm a beast"

♤♤♤

When Mio awoke she was still sitting on the edge of the deck. Her legs dangled, hanging just above the ground and grazing the green grass.

Her body was lent on Sasuke much to her distaste. If there was one thing she hated it was having to depend on people. From as far back as she could remember dependance was a weakness. Just the thought of it turned her stomach sour.

His head rested on hers as she rested on his shoulder. From above her Mio could hear the soft sound of him sleeping. She wanted to move, jolt him off of her and for a second she started to lean forwards. Though, for some reason she stopped and moved back. For some reason her body told her to stay so she did.

The sun was slowly being birthed and as it breached above the trees. She watched the peachy colors radiate outwards from the yellow ball. Sasuke was still asleep and seemed to be all to comfy.

Mio was slowly growing impatient and annoyed. The constant low throbbing in her hand did little to ease the situation. Finally giving in she shook her shoulder and the male harshly slid onto the hard deck.

With a Yelp he shot up a second later rubbing his shoulder. "God wha was that for?" He seemed to stop when their mets, her then glared and turned away.

To her assumption, she suspected he didnt expect to see her or be sleeping next to her. She glared at the side of his head. "That's what you get for sleeping on me dweeb".

With a huff the duo turned away from each other. Their friendly night forgotten and discarded. They were back to being strangers.

A rustling could be heard behind the porches bamboo doors. Soon after the rowdy voice of Naruto could be heard with the sort voice of Sakura. Breakfast had started.

After a few minutes Sasuke stood and went inside. This left Mio outside. Although the sun had risen, cool air still fluctuated around raising goosebumps on her arm.

From her position she could hear the three of them laughing and eating. Her stomach growled. With a dark look etched on her face she choose to stay sitting. This hunger was better than sitting and eating with them.

So, hungry Mio stayed and watched her surroundings, biding time until something interesting would happen. From behind her she could hear the sliding of the door and padding of feet nearing her. As they sat next to her she didn't turn to them, or acknowledge their presence.

"Hey, I brought you some rice" for once the blond knuckleheads voice wasn't brimming with energy. Instead it was tone someone would use when approaching an angry wolf.

Finally she looked to him. "I don't need your help".

With a frown naruto laughter of her painful words and started rambling on about irrelevant things. Mio turned him out and finally after several minutes the boy gave up and walked back inside. The bowl of rice was left behind.

With a sigh Mio briefly glanced at the food. Her mouth watered and stomach grumbled. In retaliation she crossed her arms and huffed.

Finally she couldn't take it anymore. Mio grasped the bowl and wooden chopsticks resting on top. With haste she began eating. The rice was soft and delicious. With a satisfied sigh she slowly reclined until her back laid fully flush to the deck. Her legs still dangled off the edge grazing the grass.

The empty rice bowl sat to her left with the chopsticks resting inside.

Mio watched as the clouds shifted above her. Everything seemed to vibrantly, so happy and peaceful. It all seemed to unrealistic, fake.

Sasuke watched Mio through the slit between the bamboo doors. Sakura and Naruto bicked beside him but their words seemed to far away. Staring at her was like running through a tunnel; everything was muffled and time melted away.

He shook his head re entering the conversation at the table.

It wasn't long after that Naruto too glanced out at Mio.  He felt an ecstatic burst of happiness to see that the food he gave to her was eaten. He was going to be her friend no matter what.

×

Thanks for readingggggg! Also for the votes and comments 🌟🌟

This like everything else I publish is unedited.