²0

|-

|-

𝐌𝐢𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. The only thing she could really make out was the figure of Sasuke beside her.

He was slouched in a chair, arms resting on the bed she laid on. The male had narrowed eyes and furrowed brows, deep in thought.

Wordlessly the kunoichi reached forth, shaking his sholder. Her eyes surfed around the room, looking for Danzo's arm, her eyes.

"Good morning" Sasuke smirked, rising up and rolling his shoulders. A symphony of cracks wrung from his joints. "You've been asleep for a long time" he huffed, annoyed with boredom.

Mio rolled her eyes, shifting so her legs dangled off the bed. Her body felt sore to say the least, like she was a dried fish left in the sun for week.

"The eyes?" She rasped, her throat dry and scratchy.

Sasuke reached beside her, grasping a large glass jar, within it was the eye speckled arm floating in a viscous fluid. Beside the arm were the two eyes she had pulled free. "Safe" he uttered, handing her the jar.

She grasped the glass, the arm swirled inside, she could feel its weight shifting. "Let's go" the ravenette stood, pain shooting from her feet from the unhealed wounds.

".  . Stop" the Uchiha male huffed watching his lover try to shuffle across the floor. "Put the arm away and get on my back" he crouched down, beckoning her with his hands.

Mio's face flushed with embarrassment as a quick  "no" slid from her lips.

Her cohort merely stared at her unamused.

The ravenette mumbled begrudgedly under her voice, limping over and climbing on his back. "Watch out for my leg" she wheezed, wincing as his hand briefly grazed the burn wound. Her legs swung, hands hitting against his back as he shifted.

Sasuke grunted under her shifting weight. He didn't want to hurt her, but still, how else where they suppsoed to get out of this underground maze?

Suddenly an idea popped into his head. Slowly as not to hurt her the Uchiha placed his lover on the stone floor. Biting his thumb he them slammed his hand onto the ground, a slick snake coiling at his feet.

A spit tounge licked out from its scaley lips, flicking as it hissed.

Before she could object, Sasuke had already picked her up and set her on the snakes back. He climbed on behind her, securing arms around her waist so his lover didnt slip off.

Without a word of direction the reptile sprung forward, slithering through the root hideout and towards the exit. Occasionally Sasuke would need to hop off and open a door, but eventually the trio made it to the long ladder leading out.

"Hang on tight" Sasuke ordered, squeezing Mio tighter.

With full force the snake launched up, coiling slightly around the ladder and accelerating up at an alarming rate.

The two ninja found themselves slipping down the scales, almost falling off. Though at the last second the beast hit the exit door, flinging it off into the sky.

Mio, along with Sasuke were flung from the snakes back, shooting back to roll against the dusty ground of Konoha.

She coughed, rolling onto her feet with a grunt. The snake had already dissipated away into a cloud of smoke not waiting for any thanks.

"Let's go before anyone comes" Sasuke urged, glancing around their surroundings. He was still a missing nin, so was Mio.

"Does it really matter Sasuke, Kakashi and Naruto already know we're here" she brushed the dust of her clothes, glancing down to view the red inflamed burn on her skin. Ouch.

He rolled his eyes, striding over to her and hauling her up into his arms bridal style. Alarmed the kunoichi tensed, griping a hand to his arm.

It was obvious that Mio atleast was in no condition to fight any Konoha ninja that would try to keep them in the leaf.

"Let's go find Itachi" the male Uchiha urged. It wasn't entirely a selfish motive- his older brother would be the best consultant from Mio's  eyes. Then Sasuke could kill him.

"Put me down Sasuke, I'm not done here" her legs wriggled, trying to squirm out of his hold. Her wounds burned but it did nothing to deter her.

Sasuke ignored her, jumping from tree to tree, following the trail to team Taka. They resided close to Konoha waiting for him. Hopefully Karin with her sensory abilities would lead them to Itachi.

Sasuke glanced to Mio his eyes charcoal grey with a angry hue. "Your eyes are only getting worse Mio" he spoke gruffly, short of breath as he maintained a fast pace. He was worried.

His lover merely huffed, leaning her head against his chest. A reddish hue bloomed on her cheeks and she could only hope Sasuke didn't see.

A short few minuets later Sasuke dove down from the trees, his feet landing heavy on the ground with a thud. The three heads of his followers shot up alarmed.

"Sasuke!" Karin gasped, her gleeful tone quickly diminishing at the sight of the woman within his arms.

"Take us to Itachi" the Uchiha male ordered, his eyes and tone equally cold. There was no time to waste.

Suigetsu and Jugo rose, ready to move they could see Sasuke was in no mood to play around. Karin nodded wordlessly, motioning for them to follow her.

It was evening when the team would stop again. Coming to an abrupt stop in front of a low entranced cave, Kisame stood guarding, leaving against the rock.

Sasuke stepped forward as if testing to see if the amphibian like man would lash forward. Though the blue man made no motion to attack either Uchiha, he only barred his sword as Karin edged closer.

Without glimpsing back Sasuke ducked down into the cave, pulling Mio closer into his chest.
It was a short trek until the humid tunnel opened into a large cavernous cave. Towards the back in the blue washed light Itachi stood.

"Sasuke,. . Mio" the older Uchiha spoke in his usual claming tone. Even staring into the eyes of death Itachi remained unphased.

×

I'm unsatisfied with this chapter :(

I hope you're all safe and in good health! I'll try to update more lovelies ♡♡