¹4

𝐌𝐢𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞

𝐌𝐢𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞. Loose branches flicked against her skin, ripping the illuminestly pale surface with tiny scratches. Through the stinging pain she could still feel it- the blooming warmth of Sasuke where her palm had rested on his chest.

In a frenzy she wiped her hand against her leg as if to metaphorically rub Sasuke off. It didn't work.

Recklessly the woman tripped, her toe hooking under an uplifted root causing her to face plant. A pained grunt squeezed through the ravettes clenched teeth as her hands grasped into the dirt.

For a moment she just laid there, eyes closed with stems of grass licking at her skin.

Calm down she told herself, emotions were never her strong suit. She almost wished they'd dissipate like they had in the root, it would all be so much easier.

A deep breath was drawn in through her nose, sliding out of her mouth. This simple action cycled until Mio no longer felt haze of anger, calm, she was calm and calm was good.

"Okay" she uttered to herself in a raspy whisper. Slowly she lifted herself, brushing off her clothes before continuing forth in a slow paced jog.

-

"I think he's just through here" the feminine voice of Karin wafted through trees as team Taka searched for their intolerable leader.

She was right, as always her sensory abilities were superb.

The red headed woman pushed aside thick greenerie, coming into the riverside clearing. The sun highlighted her hair like a ring if fire, reflecting in her glasses to hide her glaring eyes.

Suigetsu swung his large sword, the large blade slicing the nearby trees, cutting a pathway through the brush. For once he waited silently excited to see if Karin might actually get mad at her 'love'.

"Sasuke" her voice was sweet, contradicting her cold demeanor and making suigetsu sigh in disappointment. Her mouth parted, but the words clogged her throat as he turned to face them.

The Uchiha male had a cut on his forehead, a thick stream of red flowing down around his nose and all the way to his chin. Still, he seemed unphased and unbothered, a rare serene look upon his features.

Karin stared into his eyes, they looked different, full of saddness and- love?. She knew that love wasn't for her, it would never be no matter how hard she tried. The red head was so tired of chasing after Sasuke and everyday it broke her heart a little more.

A soft breeze ruffled the air, lifting her ginger locks. "Don't go running off like that again!" She spoke angrily, crossing her arms and looking to the side. Her eyes blinked furiously as if to rid the tears which threatened to spill.