⊰54⊱

💫

I see before me the floor erupts in small circular portals. Streams of purplish and black wisps coil like snakes, wrapping around the ballroom within seconds. The flames continue to flicker, and I soon realize, that I'm not the only one seeing the illusions and lies...for that is all they are...

Arthur takes a few steps away from me, taking the blade with him as Taft screams like a child, "What the fuck is going on?!"

"This is..." Arthur is nearly speechless, looking in complete shock,"...I have no idea."

Aohdan's fear for his beloved rockets to the surface as I've never seen him move so fast. As the wisps travel the room, they cascade around both Edeline and Rochelle. Aohdan is behind Rochelle in a split second, his arms wrapping around her waist as he suddenly moves to the back of the ballroom. His weakness shows from the in-between of the Blood Renewal, staggering the second he stops and nearly collapsing to his side. Rochelle's eyes widen as she attempts to help and catch him, though they both end up on their knees, their eyes locking for a moment.

If only they all knew that nothing, they see can harm them, the last of Tresor's magic and strength he can use while he's in his weakest state might just be enough to continue to...

Rochelle truly cares for him, regardless of her not fully understanding why there might be something hidden between the two of them.

"Aohdan!" Arthur yells, one of the wisps like snakes darting toward Aohdan before it immediately shoots off back toward the front platform.

Grandpa looks to me and I nod at him, Dante taking a step back as everything falls into place. Arching my back and propelling back and then forward quickly, I slam my bound hands against the back of Arthur's neck, continuing the momentum I have as I reach upward and grab the chain just above my ankles. I can't be anywhere near what's about to happen, for fear I might do something that Rose needs to...

My strength edges slowly back, feeling the fire wipe through my blood before I take back control. Using the chain, I pull myself upward to the ceiling, out of reach just as I hear the shattering of glass. Edeline abruptly lunges forward, throwing Arthur and Taft off guard before she quickly backflips out of the way...

...Rose makes her entrance through the patio windows and doors. Glass erupts and litters the marble floor, her eyes set on everyone. She's still physically weak, but that doesn't stop her from raising her guns and firing immediately. No hesitation, watching as those bullets miss Arthur as he moves out of the way, but only to allow Taft to take them.

Taft yells, three shots fired and liquid silver seeping from the wounds that are created. He staggers back and smashes against the pillar, knocking the crystal container to the floor and shattering it. The fallen stars scatter across the ground, Rochelle cowering as she holds onto Aohdan, fear clear in her eyes. I can hear almost a thunderous rush toward the ballroom doors, vampires from all covens about to break through...

Dante is on the same wavelength, because he sprints across the room, his irises shifting to that of his wolf before he braces for impact. Grandpa goes to move also, but staggers, rubbing his forehead before collapsing as the Blood Renewal is not complete.

Rose continues to move forward into the room, her eyes set on Arthur as they narrow on him. She pulls the trigger, and I believe she must have missed...but Arthur isn't as quick now at it catches his side. He groans and clutches the wound, looking down at his hand as he pulls it away from his side, blood staining his skin.

My heart skips a beat as I see...

...wolves.

They come through the broken windows and doors, snarling and snapping at the council while their hackles are raised...all but a few are shifted.