⊰40⊱

An extra...

💫 

Adjustment takes a period of time to...well...adjust. Over the months leading into fall and then winter, I discovered what I am capable of. More importantly, I wasn't the only one on the path to discovering their true potential.

After the magic show I performed for Cypher, he was mesmerized. So much so, Cypher asked if there was any way he could learn to do what I was innately gifted with. Unfortunately, he was crushed briefly when he learned he'd never be able to do what I can, however, Grandpa made a trip out and bought him a magic kit from a store owned by humans. More of an amusing sleight of hand and tricks for parties, Cypher spent time with Grandpa as the two of them figured it out together. Their bond grew stronger and even the rest of Grandpa's mates were amazed by how quickly Cypher picked up the skill.

Boone and Victor grew with each passing day, reflecting their supernatural heritage in that growth compared to human babies.

With plans carefully laid out, it was time to set them in motion.

Rose made the trip to her friend and had weapons crafted to take out the council, Grandpa and Dante concealing them for her use later in the festivities.

Today, we stand outside Dante's estate, going over one last time each important role. Grandpa Sebby and Marc are to head out and assist with Grandpa Keir and Grandma Laura as they move all werewolf packs they have connections with away from the proximity of Castle Valentine. They will not be in the mountains as before, lining them around the furthest reaches of Arthur's grounds so that no one can escape. Thanks to Grandma Laura, the wolves will not be tainted, nor drawn in by the amplified snowflake crystal that rests at the peak of the castle.

As before, Rose has not been informed of certain aspects of the plans...in case Arthur is to discover by a chance through her blood memories. It is unavoidable that she will be chosen as his selection, but there are ways to protect her that Grandpa is aware of this time around...

...hopefully anyway.

That is where Dante and I come in.

We are to dispose of Laisha before anything escalates and grabs Arthur's attention as out of the ordinary.

We must be ready to act if something goes array...however, there is one key point we cannot stray from.

Rose must take down the council.

On her own, she will prove to the world that hybrids are good and that they'll do anything to halt the injustice of all species. She is their symbol of hope and change, a brighter future on the horizon...

...we just need to reach it unscathed.

"Are we clear?" Dante asks, the review coming to an end.

Uncle Kev nods, glancing back to Dante's estate and stating, "The babies and child will be well taken care of."

He will no longer serve as a replacement for Grandpa, Uncle Kev's purpose...to protect the newborns. Boone, Victor, and Cypher are his priority and he's been given authority to break all disguises should something happen.

Grandpa and I glance to one another.

We are altering a huge advantage Grandpa once had before...but it is necessary to protect those vital to our future. I hope Grandpa understands the advantage that is lost, though he understands the gain he has by my presence alone. The only course of history to keep is Rose ending the council...that doesn't mean I won't hesitate to kill anyone else that sets foot in our way.