⊰47⊱

💫

Standing guard near the edge of the forest to Castle Valentine open field of snow, Grandpa Keir's response rings continuously in my head...

...I believe you.

It was a relief...somewhat anyway, for he looks upon me differently. Perhaps him working through everything, he understands the potential connections that are influenced through me. He respected that I couldn't go into greater detail, but his eyes held so many questions. He let me go, his regard for me much higher leaving than when I arrived.

The Starlight Dance is about to commence, the wolves of the packs roaming the outskirts of the tree line. Their patrol is akin to the vampires who will collect the fallen stars that will soon shower down through the gift that Tresor uses until he can bestow it upon my mother.

Eighteen years...

...that's going to be a long time, waiting, watching, protecting—wait...that is unless I cease to exist when she's born. If it's like father, the future will collapse, her presence gone as it will be restored here.

The beginning of the end draws near.

A warm light fills my chest, spreading throughout my being as I feel her presence cascade over my soul, intertwining with me.

Thea.

Be still and calm your beating heart. Everything will fall into place how it's meant to and when the time comes, you will understand what you are meant to do.

I can't help the worry that fills my heart, for everything around me could descend into chaos with the snap of fingers. In a moment, everything can change.

Don't worry about what you cannot control, for even you cannot see foreshadow of the future beyond your sight. Focus on what you do know comes next and work slowly, the thread of life easy to see and follow. Don't stumble as you try to take greater strides than what is necessary for the time being.

Her presence is calming, the opposite of Hel.

Thank you.

I hardly feel her leave me because she disperses a part of herself behind. The warm light turns into a beating glow, lingering, relaxing and calming the worry I carry, the weight of the world resting heavily on my shoulders. She takes some of it away, offering me guidance and clarity as I stare out past the tree trunks on either side of me. My gloved hands rest against the bark, my gaze searching as I see the light from inside flood the grounds, the snow illuminating from the brilliance.

Marc is off to the south side of the grounds, while I hear Grandpa Sebby near me. I turn my gaze toward him, his eyes holding mine when he comes to a halt in the snow. He tilts his head to the side and says, "Be careful."

"I've taken out the two pawns that were once used to influence this world..." my voice trails off, feeling relatively okay about this night, "...Kirsten's shade is destroyed, and Laisha's existence is over. Neither of the two will attack Rose and she won't be left defenseless, nor Arthur causes a stir and jump the selection process ahead of schedule."

Grandpa Sebby nods, Grandpa's past coming to light with memories he told him since the day they met. No secrets were kept from one another, their complete and utter honesty a solid stone they laid for the foundation of their relationship.

"He will still dance with her," Grandpa Sebby reminds me cautiously.

"It was the incident with Laisha that enraged him..." my voice trails off, wondering if I haven't thought that part out all the way through.