Tempted Fate

Copyright © 2017 by SerenityR0se

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without the permission in writing from the author. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a review.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

 Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental

--⊰♥⊱--

-Tempted Fate-

Book 4 of The Deliverance Series

  --⊰♥⊱--

(Not Edited)

--⊰♥⊱--

"Be careful what you wish for..."

Why would he bite me?!

"No...stop saying that!" I'm clutching my head, trying to find a way to escape what Cormac's claiming after he'd accidentally bit me.

It's unreal.

This is my world.

This is my life.

This is my family!

Cormac shakes his head, his eyes holding mine while he nods, "Not everything is as it seems and now I understand..." his voice trails off as his eyes shift sideways for a moment, walking over to the small bookshelf in my room.

He's already taken Code of Conduct from my bedside table after I'd stashed it away last night. His fingertips trace over the bindings of the books before he finally stops on one, freezing for a moment before he selects it. Withdrawing the book, he turns around and walks toward my desk, setting it down next to Code of Conduct.

"Transgression?" I ask him while furrowing my brows, my attention drawing away from fascination of the puncture marks closing on my forearm...

...though he never gave me his blood.

Cormac smirks and replies, "Clever man...writing our worlds while hiding his daughters away."

"My dad is my dad, you make absolutely no sense!" I'm quick to snap at him, frustrated by everything he's been claiming as the time he's spent here helping me with school alters his thoughts about me.

Cormac chuckles while sighing, "No, nothing around you is what it seems, a clever way to keep you safe until you were ready to-" he cuts himself short as I can hear Edith banging on the door, crying for me. When his eyes glance back to capture my own, he tells me very carefully, "You've read it all...we weren't prepared for him and that's why your parents created all of this to keep you and your sister safe until...now."

"I...I need to take my medication," when I go to move away, I feel the air shift around me, Cormac now standing before me.

"No, you don't," he observes me with fascination, "there's nothing wrong with you."

"But I see and do-"

Cormac cuts me off when he gently chuckles, "There's much more you'll come to understand," he glances to the books and then nods, "be careful what you wish for..."

"I just want this to all stop," I'm shaking my head profusely, not truly understanding everything he says. It doesn't make sense...

...it's words spun of a fairytale

He's calm as I stare at him hard, asking, "What about Edith?"

"She will be safe here, that I can assure you as your mother left nothing to chance," Cormac reassures me and at this very moment, everything around me seems to be flickering in and out of existence, especially when we both turn toward the books.

"I'm scared," my voice is so weak and hardly above a whisper while Cormac picks up Code of Conduct.

Cormac turns to me while holding the book in his hands. As he slowly extends it toward me, he arches a brow and asks, "Are you ready to tempt fate, little sparrow?"

    --⊰♥⊱--

I'm a Wattpad Futures Author, which means you will see short ads in between chapters that I'm actually paid for. Please, take a few moments of your time to watch as I spend hours of my time writing for what you read for free. It's most appreciated, thank you in advance.

PenumbraMine was the winner of a contest I held to help design certain aspects of the main character for this book. Here is her shoutout and I can't wait to start writing after Transgression.

 Here is her shoutout and I can't wait to start writing after Transgression