⊰37⊱

💫

"You could just as easily have left her to suffer for the way she treated your mother," Tresor's voice startles me slightly, bring my gaze down to see him standing a few feet away. After everything I told him, opening up...he's right, there is no reason that I couldn't let the curse alone for a time being...though...

I nod and reply, "I know...but no one deserves this. No one. The mere fact she's close to her mates...I can't risk a wedge being driven between them on account of my selfishness." Breathing out slowly, I continue, "I don't know what to do because I can't control any of this."

Tresor arches a brow and asks, "How did Rose end up with the curse?"

I glance away, my wishing ability kept secret from everyone outside my family.

"I know any is transferable under the right condition, especially one as powerful as you, my goddess," he pauses a second, taking steps toward me before he halts and finishes, "though watching over you, you never once said anything to transfer it...although, I also never expected you to do that."

Remaining silent, I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"It wasn't intentional...was it?" Tresor's voice is hardly above a whisper as he closes the distance between us. Bringing my gaze back to him, I shake my head and he asks, "How? How did you do what you did?"

My lips pull into a tight line before I reply, "I can't tell you. It isn't safe to speak about as it just might be the only thing I have as an escape square against Aeon..." as my voice trails off, he continues to stare at me, my emotions taking hold as I finish, "...please don't think I wouldn't tell you if I could. I hate hiding things...from the people I care about...I just have no choice."

Tresor furrows his brows and says, "Shh, don't think I take things to heart so easily as those who reside on the earthen plane. You have your reasons and I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything that already set in motion." His arms reach out as he wraps them around my lower back, pulling me close to his chest. He's careful with the skin that I do have exposed, avoiding my flesh visible on my face.

Avoid.

Something I didn't think someone would do to me...

...it hurts, more so than the pain that comes from this curse.

"Thank you," I breathe out, resting my cheek against his shirt.

"I'm in your corner to the end, my goddess," Tresor replies with sincerity. After a few moments of silence pass, he asks me, "Was it your mother who trained you?"

"My magic? Yes," I reply.

There is no hesitation when he states, "You're already advance...however," he pulls away at arm's length, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he chuckles, "how about I show you a few tricks that only demons know...magic enhanced from beyond the veil. Interlaced with the knowledge you already have from your mother, we'll give you an advantage for what you lack in physicality at the present moment."

"Hey..." I poke him in the chest and arch a brow, "...are you saying I'm weak physically?"

"Of course not," he chuckles again, "I'm merely expressing how much I love that wonderful mind of yours and how to better attune what's already been trained."

I giggle, "Uh-huh, it's so nice to know you love me for my brain and not my physique."

Tresor's eyes flash with something beyond mischief, his eyes holding mine before they briefly flicker to above my head. I hear the door slide open to the patio, Dante's voice clear as he asks, "Are you okay?"