⊰26⊱

💫

Dinner in one hour?

Party for one.

But first...

...I see hope. Hope for a brighter outcome, to save a life that was led down a dark path that ended in pain.

Cypher.

Hel and Thea were right, the torment and fight for my vessel, for the souls within me...it's not a fight, but a balance and right now, I see what I must do. The light in the center of my chest grows bright with each passing second, breathing out slowly as I rise to my feet. Taking that step off the loft, I fall, landing with ease and grace near the desk.

I allow my glamour around my heart to drop, Cypher immediately picking up on it and whirling around on his butt. He looks at me with wide eyes, his breathing uneven while his heart rate escalates.

Fear.

I don't want him to be afraid. He has nothing left to be afraid of.

"Who you?" Cypher asks me, hesitant as I take a couple steps toward him.

When he flinches, I halt my steps and kneel on the floor a few feet away from him. Tilting my head to the side, I tell him, "My name, is Dot."

"Dot?" Cypher repeats and asks.

"I'm a friend," I smile gently, his regard for me taking an interest when I tell him, "I'm a friend of your father."

Cypher's eyes grow wide again, his heart skipping a beat, "D-dad-dy?"

"Cypher," my voice is gentle, scooting forward another foot across the floor. This time, he doesn't flinch but looks me curiously in the eyes. Carefully, I tell him, "Your father doesn't hate you..." my voice trails off at the pain he must feel, "...your father doesn't even know you exist."

"Wh-what?" Cypher looks at me, bewildered.

I raise my hands gently and slowly, calming him, "Your mother...she's lied to you. She never told him about her pregnancy with you, or when you were born." I release a short breath of air before I give him hope, "I'm here to bring you home."

"I-I...bu-" he looks around, almost afraid of how to answer me as his mind must be spinning with what I say.

I slowly extend my arm out, asking him, "Does your mother hurt you often?"

"I..." Cypher glances away, tears forming in his eyes, "...she hurt, so I hurt."

"No..." my heart pangs with sadness, my hand cupping his cheek as I draw his attention back to me; his eyes hold mine. I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes for the way this child has been abused...for what could have been an uncle like Uncle Marcus...for a child that continued to be brainwashed and abused, the pain he must have felt his entire life, the hatred he believed his father held for him.

Breathing out calmly, I tell him, "You should never bear the brunt of your mother's anger or frustration. What she's done is wrong and for her to lie to you about your father, I'm so sorry...I want to help."

"I see him?" Cypher asks with his eyes full of apprehension.

I nod and smile, "Yes," slowly, I rise to my full height and say, "first, I'll make sure no one here will ever hurt you again."

"Mama?" Cypher asks, "She going to hurt?"

"Yes," I don't lie, because that woman is the reason behind so much pain...for everyone, "I'm sorry, but that toxicity can't remain in this world."