⊰18⊱

I'm using Instagram more now, ya'll are welcome to follow if you want to see outside my writing life.

Username: serenityr0se (0 = Zero)

💫

The next morning, I stay in the slaves' room, not wanting to further impede at this moment in time. Rose will spend the day today with Grandpa Keir, Grandma Laura, and Marc...Grandpa will be along to collect her later this evening. As I sit up with my back against the headboard of the small bed, I wrap my arms around my abdomen, feeling as though I'm missing out with those who I love. I'm left here, sitting and wasting the time away as many are out and about running to keep everything clean and neat for when the Alpha will be killed tomorrow night.

My hand brushes over my swollen belly, feeling slight movements here and there. A soft smile makes its way onto my lips, but it's nothing to ease my mind for the decisions that will have to be made. Grandpa comes by to check on his slaves during the late afternoon, but more so, making sure that I'm okay while I reassure him that everything was handled and Rose is where she needs to be.

Grandpa pulls me aside, leaving the room and walking down the hallway. He turns to me and says, "Dante will be providing me with a distraction so that I can slip out and recover Rose."

Nodding my head, I glance away, Grandpa furrowing his brows.

"Little sparrow..." his voice is distant, but I bring my gaze back to meet with him as he asks, "...what happened?"

"I'm not evil," the weight presses down on my chest as I can't stop thinking about what's happening to me, believing if I say it out loud, it's true.

Grandpa's eyes search mine in utter confusion, opening a door that leads to an empty room and taking me inside. He locks the door behind him, turning around and kneeling before he asks, "Why would you ever think you are?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I whisper, "I'm afraid of what I can do and that I won't feel anything by my actions alone..."

"Dot," Grandpa rises to his feet and pulls me into a warm hug, my cheek pressing against his chest, "it'll be okay, we'll return soon to my estate an-"

"Will anyone else ever know about my existence here?" I unintentionally cut him off, wondering more to myself than looking for a concrete answer.

Grandpa breathes out a small sigh and replies, "It's better to keep the truth about your existence to a minimum...they'll all learn about your true hybrid nature, but in relation to how you fit in this world, it's best not to," he pauses when my gaze meets his, my hope crestfallen as I'll continue to be alone and how will this affect the future? Grandpa's eyes hold many emotions as he tells me, "I'm so sorry little sparrow, I know you'll be close to family an-"

I pull out of his arms, angry tears edging close to spilling from my eyes, frustration taking over me as I tell him, "I'm alone! I don't even know what type of interactions I can and can't have, or how it will affect me in the future!" I finally let the tears fall, cascading down my cheeks as Grandpa attempts to edge closer, but I shake my head and say, "everyone can be themselves soon enough...but I can't, I can't..." my voice teeters off, wiping the tears from my cheeks and eyes.

"I can't begin to understand how you feel," Grandpa is sincere, acknowledging, "I know the memories of the future I hold help in this era, but I'm already adapted into my place here and I know what I can and can't do because-"

"No, don't start with me...you belong, I don't!" I glare at him angrily, all his memories do is help him with the choices he makes, but it's still him, he exists in this era and isn't cast out or feeling alone...even when family is right there.